Labour party & Marxism

Mine would be spinning at high speed as well.

Everyone should read Das Kapital, although I admit it is way above my head. Marx, ironically, wasn't a Marxist. His pre-manifesto works are nothing less than an objective and in depth deconstruction of the capitalist system. Any serious read of it will strip away all the preconceptions you have had engrained in your mind since you were immersed at birth in this external reality that had been built long before you.

As always, many of his interpreters ("Marxists") dress in red and commit all manner of atrocities in his name... but in his name only. Historical application (or, more accurately, misapplication) of "Marxism" only highlights the perversity of political ideology when applied by a well bankrolled intellectual elite.

Marx did write a lot about economics, historical materialism, dialectics and Capitalism, but not much on how the "dictatorship of the proletariat" should work. The closest he came was in the 'Civil War in France', where he said it would be like the Paris Commune ie universal suffrage, with delegates revokable and accountable to the electorate in their ward. Indeed whilst he is known for expounding revolution in countries like France and Britain that had already had their revolutions he and his followers were in favour of working through the parliamentary process.

I don't recall him commenting at all on immigration, political correctness, ID cards or any of Nodens fantasies. He did however say plenty against repression by the ruling class.

• 8 months later...

Is the story in the news news today about schoolchildren having the power to make or break teachers, an example of Marxism creaping in by stealth?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8599485.stm

Some will say im stretching the definition of Marxism to breaking point here, but marxism has had to evolve.

Within a school, if we think of the teachers as the "bourgeoisie" and the pupils as the "proletariat", with the power in schools shifting from teachers to pupils("customers"), are we seeing the evolution of marxism - "micro Marxism" in action?

Is the story in the news news today about schoolchildren having the power to make or break teachers, an example of Marxism creaping in by stealth?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8599485.stm

Some will say im stretching the definition of Marxism to breaking point here, but marxism has had to evolve.

Within a school, if we think of the teachers as the "bourgeoisie" and the pupils as the "proletariat", with the power in schools shifting from teachers to pupils("customers"), are we seeing the evolution of marxism - "micro Marxism" in action?

No.

Micro-Marxism. :D Is that cultural marxism for midgets? You failed last time, on an epic scale, to prove your point and here you are again having another go.

What about 'dog marxism', when they rebel against their capitalist masters and eat the Easter Eggs hidden in the cupboard?

Many Labour MP's and ministers have been members of communist and Marxist organisations sometime back, but according to some here, they have left those organisations now and are much better thank you very much.

Then, Nick Griffen says something years ago and he is damned until eternity by the very same people.

I’m no supporter of the BNP, contrary to the scatter gun approach employed by some members here. Their policies on indigenous populations are wrong in my view for a start, however there does seem to be a bit of a double standard here.

Many Labour MP's and ministers have been members of communist and Marxist organisations sometime back, but according to some here, they have left those organisations now and are much better thank you very much.

Then, Nick Griffen says something years ago and he is damned until eternity by the very same people.

I’m no supporter of the BNP, contrary to the scatter gun approach employed by some members here. Their policies on indigenous populations are wrong in my view for a start, however there does seem to be a bit of a double standard here.

I'm interested to know which aspects of Marxism/Communism you so dislike!

Come on admit it, you either don't know what you don't like, or you support these philosophies.

Archived