Wordsworth Ave.1950s

oakeye

trying to contact wragg family,also mooney family who lived on wordsworth

ave,parson cross,in the 50s.can anyone help with current whereabouts?

im agnes wraggs grandson,the mooneys are dead,you mean old joe who lived at 442........the wraggs lived at 440,daughters doreen,joyce,evelyn and sylvia,a son called john william(jack).personal message me.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
im agnes wraggs grandson,the mooneys are dead,you mean old joe who lived at 442........the wraggs lived at 440,daughters doreen,joyce,evelyn and sylvia,a son called john william(jack).personal message me.

hi there;i lived at 434 wordsworth ave. at that time and i knew them iwas friends with young jack. they had a beautiful lassie type collie dog. other names around were mortons warburtons,boswells, greens,platts halls, sieverights naylors.the buses only ran as far as margetson cres.at that time. happy days. eightlegger,

I used to live on Wordsworth in th 50,s, at 387, (2nd house past the garage). I knew Tony Mooney and his dad who used to go in the Tavern. Tony became a teacher and eventually a Headmaster at a big school in London. I think he is now retired. I believe the family were related to the famous Mooney gang off Corporation St.,

hi there;i lived at 434 wordsworth ave. at that time and i knew them iwas friends with young jack. they had a beautiful lassie type collie dog. other names around were mortons warburtons,boswells, greens,platts halls, sieverights naylors.the buses only ran as far as margetson cres.at that time. happy days. eightlegger,

Hi , I think you will find that the 49 bus route went to Ecclesfield but occassionally a short working of the route (the 149) did turn around at Margetson Crescent. I'm talking of the 1950s/1960s here.

• 9 months later...

There are two families I know of from the 1950's who lived there - both of them I have phone numbers for. There was the Neath family, son Lewis went to school with me at Woodhouse Grammar School, he is now retired and lives in Dronfield. Also the Jordan family, has a son and a daughter Melvin and I think Janet. I knew Melvin from about 1958 onwards. He is retired and lives in Penryth, Near Falmouth

Hope this helps you - Regards - Grey Eminence - Malaysia

Sievewrights lived near the corner,the Naylors were on the Colley Club side,Boswells moved to Falstaff Road,Chappells lived just on from the Wraggs(between Wraggs and Sievewrights),did you know the Colton family,and the Gregory`s who lived round on Margetson?

Sievewrights lived near the corner,the Naylors were on the Colley Club side,Boswells moved to Falstaff Road,Chappells lived just on from the Wraggs(between Wraggs and Sievewrights),did you know the Colton family,and the Gregory`s who lived round on Margetson?

my aunty lived wordsworth ave her name wright had a son donald that would have been fifty

Archived