Dating site eharmony - is it any good ?

I joined Match a couple of years ago, mainly because I don't get the opportunity to meet people, am very shy, and don't like the idea of finding a partner either in a pub or at the supermarket.

I have to say the experience was good. I had quite a lot of women contact me, mainly because I put up a recent picture of me looking smart (you'd be surprised - or not - at how many men put up pictures of someone else, or a pic from 10 years ago) and a well written profile.

At one point I had 13 women interested at once and I had to use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track! I must stress that I wasn't sleeping with any of them though - it was the first / second date stage.

I did get a lot of married women contact me for "no strings fun" though, maybe this was because my profile said I was 6 foot 4 and wore size 13 shoes and you could see my big nose in my picture! :)

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I found this forum quite by accident, however after reading through couldn't help dropping in my two penneth...

I have been in the online dating industry for over 15 years and have seen many sites come and go- and can honestly say that most of them are crap.. this is based on my own site building ( i own 7 dating sites) I bild sites that appeal to small niche groups- and to be frank pay very little attention to how fit for purpose they are other than making sure that the "pay now" button is plastered all over the palce.

However in recent months I have decided to put in a bit more effort- this is simply for selfish reasons of 1) the sife wants a bigger house 2) the kids are becoming very expensive, 3) i want to retire before im 35!

GETTING BACK ON TRACK,

this ties into this thread because during my new lease of online dating life, i have had to take a close look at the competition, - and I can honestly say that eharmony id the best the UK currently offers- BUT only for those that are looking for a serious relationship.

That is to say- if you are looking for a passtime, or a load of people to chat with, dont bother, but if your wanting to find an online tool that will connect you with like minded folk ( looking for serious relationships, rather than "fun")

I have put most of the results of my research on the net for all to see, so if you want to know what the inside of eharmony uk is like and what you get for your thirty quid take a look at my eHarmony UK review .

This is a work in progress, but i do think that knowledge is power, and after having a look if you like it great-- if not even better- because you can save your self a few bob, and sign up to my site when its ready " lol

all the best Tony

The free sites like plenty of fish are shocking, people who are going to take it seriously will pay money and join a propper site.

You're defining people by money...how does that work?

Some of the finest people i know have and have not.

• 3 years later...
Is it actually any good and how much does it cost ? And do women really ignore the photos and go on the match that the computer has come up with ?

I guess it depends what you are after. eHarmony is definitely one of the better sites, I found the users on eHarmony were more interested in a relationship and personally had 5 great (1 amazing) dates, the 1 is my partner now. Some of the free sites, like POF (plenty of Fish) were filled with people 'having a laugh' :loopy: I guess thats the cost of a free dating site.

As for current prices http://datingpriceguide.co.uk/eharmony-cost-uk/ pretty much states the latest prices - if there are any discounts or promo codes they will be listed aswell.

Like anything, I think you have to try it yourself before you can judge! Well....most things :P

There is a free communication event occurring on the 18th April, so go sign up and see what you think for free - you have a bit of time to prepare!

Archived