Happy Yorkshire day

Guest rosie

Are you proud of Yorkshire?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of Yorkshire?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

To me, Yorkshire is a lovely place, with good shopping and fantastic countryside, and some lovely coastal walks. The people always greet you with a smile, and the ales are always good.

There are some "fabulous" parts of yorkshire....lovely scenery, nature and geology....

"Sing a song of Yorkshire, from the Humber to the Tees.

Of horses, wool and terriers, of pudding and of cheese.

I know no other county where the land is quite so fine.

England's lovely county. And I'm proud to call it mine."

From Doreen Brighams' poem, Sing a song of Yorkshire....

A guy called Benjamin Till composed a BBC Symphony for Yorkshire on 1st August 2010...based on Doreens' poem.

I think it was played again on Look North last night...1st August.

We have also got a right lot of puddings in Yorkshire too....!(some of them appear regularly on these forum sites)!eh?

Yorkshire, my adopted home. More than 2/3 of my life has been lived in various parts of South Yorkshire, and my son was born here. No cricketers in our family, but he did play hockey at county level. :thumbsup:

The mix of people, from the friendly bus/tram stop acquaintances, to the ones you cross the road to avoid. :o The optimistic and progressive, the blinkered and narrow minded. The people who are quietly trying to improve life in their areas, to the mindless idiots who cause damage and distress in theirs.

The beauty of much of Yorkshire - so many lovely spots within minutes for many of us, plus our green spaces in the midst of industry.

• 11 months later...
Can I wish all Yorkshire people a very happy Yorkshire Day :)

To the rest of you, my comiserations for not being born in Yorkshire :)

There are two type of people, those born in Yorkshire and those who wish they had been :)

I agree with you a true "tyke" wears the title with Pride,enjoy the day..