Sat 08 Aug 2009@Plug - Shuffle FREELAND (live) + Adam Freeland (D.J set)

Plug

Sat 08 Aug 2009@Plug - FREELAND (live) + Adam Freeland (D.J set) + Geoff Ticehurst + L.J Freeman + Floorfillers + Dave Henning

Doors: 10:30 pm

Price: £5.00 adv

http://www.myspace.com/adamfreelandmusic

Don't say that Plug doesn't offer you twice as much as any other club...... tonight not only do we have ADAM FREELAND spinning tunes from the DJ booth but we also have him and his band FREELAND belting out a full live show from the stage beforehand. Check his Myspace to confirm that this isn't happening anywhere else any time soon. Jackpot!

According to Adam, he always intended his groundbreaking new full-length album ‘Cope', to be more than just another electronica album.

'I wanted to make more than just another artist project,' Freeland explains. 'I always saw ‘Cope' as a band album more than just another DJ slapping together a bunch of random club grooves. I wanted to create songs I could play live, not just DJ with.' 'The new songs combine electronic grooves with real guitars, real drums, and actual song writing, so they begged to be played live,' Freeland says. To that end, he put together the band to tour, with Freeland himself triggering samples, playing Korg MS-20 synth lines, and taking lead vocals on the band's thundering, take-no-prisoners cover of Grinderman's 'No Pussy Blues'; together, they transform classic Freeland club bangers like 'We Want Your Soul' into smart bombs that detonate the dance floor but defy genre.

'I've always mixed rock into my sets anyway, so having a band is just a natural progression from that,' he clarifies. 'Freeland has all the hard-hitting grooves of my DJ sets, but played live they're even more raw, personal and in your face. This is the sound I've always heard in my head, so now I want to hear it as loud as possible!'

After the band have finished rocking our world Mr Freeland will be taking to the decks for another burst of his trademark breaksy/housey/what the hell is this?? goodness. He's rocked it all over the globe for the last 10 years and in doing so has build his own unique sound, having started out as a pure breaks head, he's now combining all kinds of infulences into a fresh mash-up of 4/4 and breaks. It's with great pleasure we welcome him back again. Mr Freeland the floor is yours....

Providing beats before the band and DJ sets will be Plug residents GEOFF TICEHURST and LJ FREEMAN. Geoff is no stranger to playing alongside Adam, having warmed-up for him every time he's played at Plug so far. LJ will be on hand to knock everyone for six at the end as usual, watch out for his own productions - Steel City Groove and the remix of Rekluse being a couple of stormers in particular, that have been rocking the Plug dancefloor for a while now.

In the main room, Dave Henning delivers an unrivalled mix of dance anthems and floorfillers.

Dave is one of Sheffield’s best known and loved DJ’s, and for the last 10 years has consistently worked in the most prestigious clubs in the UK. As well as the club stuff, he has worked for several of the North’s biggest radio stations, including Sheffield’s very own Hallam FM.

Saturday nights are all about hearing the new tunes you love, and the ones that take you back to moments you thought you’d forgotten…..

From the ‘hands in the air’ of Faithless and Darude, to the anthemic sound of David Guetta and Kelly Rowland, and the banging beats of Dizzee Rascal and the Black Eyed Peas, one thing is guaranteed… you’ll know and love every tune you hear.

Archived