Who is highest ranking taekwondo person in south yorkshire

he cannot have kukkiwon 8th dan plus i think u have to go to korea to take 8th and 9th dan at kukkiwon building, if he took 1st dan bb in 1990 and now 8th dan bb they will not allow any time skipping.

he could have 8th dan from another group but it has to be signed by 9th dan. you can buy some nice certificates off e-bay if you type in taekwondo black belt certificate and search U.S. they are even "signed" by head of kukkiwon and chungdokwan NICE!

just a quick one have you heard of master ooi from korea:help:

:shakes:

I notice a couple have been sold.

I don't suppose they may be in South Yorkshire by now.

This internet thing. Beats waiting for them to be given away in cornflakes packets. :D

Thanks for the link, it looks like at least one person on here knows where to get a "cornflake packet " certificate

Master Ooi is not Korean hes not a 9th dan either:help::help:

http://www.world-kumite.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=30

The BTU was part of Oois in the 90s I have a Taekwondo magazine with Master Siddall in it at a training session with Ooi in 1996 he was a 4th dan in the article. He's claimed an 8th dan for 3 years so that makes 1996 to 2006 10 years from 4th to 8th dan.....GET REAL read kukkiwon regulations (you know the place in KOREA world taekwondo headquarters.)

By the way GM Ooi is a true 8TH Dan and well respected.

Out of curiosity - what about Shabir Akhtar at Rotherham. Anyone know of him - ex GB fighter or similar?

Yeah very good points and continious fighter ex- TAGB fought on some of the clash of the titans mai events I believe he teaches kung fu as well at his studio in Rotherham.

http://www.world-kumite.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=30

The BTU was part of Oois in the 90s I have a Taekwondo magazine with Master Siddall in it at a training session with Ooi in 1996 he was a 4th dan in the article. He's claimed an 8th dan for 3 years so that makes 1996 to 2006 10 years from 4th to 8th dan.....GET REAL read kukkiwon regulations (you know the place in KOREA world taekwondo headquarters.)

thanks mate , i just wanted some history on grand master ooi for a bit of research im doing :thumbsup:

Passed his first dan when?

By 1996 he was a fourth dan.

What's that funny smell?

Got it, it's bull ****. :D

Archived