Corgi [now 'Gas Safe'] registration certificates

I am selling my house and have been asked for a corgi registration certificate for my gas boiler, to prove it was a corgi registered gas fitter who put it in.(which it was). I can't find it and I have been told its a legal requirement to produce one. Please does anyone know what date it became a legal requirement to have one and what I can do if i can't find it?

Thankyou in anticipation

2005 u need your building control cert which your engineer will have registered for you.

you can get a copy by calling them and asking them, or your original engineer could get you a copy with no real problem

nice to see they are checking up

I am selling my house and have been asked for a corgi registration certificate for my gas boiler, to prove it was a corgi registered gas fitter who put it in.(which it was). I can't find it and I have been told its a legal requirement to produce one. Please does anyone know what date it became a legal requirement to have one and what I can do if i can't find it?

Thankyou in anticipation

no such thing as corgi registered now

Wow thats really interesting. Our boiler was installed March 2005 so I gather we wouldn't actually have been given a certificate then? In which case they won't have details of it at the corgi head office(or whatever its called). You have been so helpful I can't thankyou enough!

gas safe is the new governing body for gas. corgi is advisory only so you can still be corgi registered.

to work on gas being corgi registered does not enable ou to work on gas.

so to work on gas you have to be gas safe registered to comply.

here is the gas safe website.

Archived