Were you born in Sheffield

Were you born in Sheffield  

897 members have voted

1. 1. Were you born in Sheffield

• YES
    • NO

I was born and bred in Essex, moved to Sheffield only last September, but would like to say I love it here. I moved up here for work and dont see myself ever going back.. Its so different up here. Very true what they say - Northerners are nicer! (Bar a few exceptions!)

L x

I went the opposite way and went to live in Essex (in Chelmsford and Colchester) for a few years before moving back.

And oddly enough I find folk in Essex much friendlier!

I went the opposite way and went to live in Essex (in Chelmsford and Colchester) for a few years before moving back.

And oddly enough I find folk in Essex much friendlier!

Maybe they are in Chelmsford & Colchester - can't say I really spent much time there, but I was born and bred in Thurrock, about 20 minutes from London, where nowadays people are scared to even make eye contact with strangers, let alond make friends!! I like the fact that the staff in the corner shops and pizza shops will take time to chat with me in Sheffield, rather than rush through whatever service they're providing to get to the next customers cash!! I find Sheffield life a lot more laid back!

I like the fact that the staff in the corner shops and pizza shops will take time to chat with me in Sheffield, rather than rush through whatever service they're providing to get to the next customers cash!! I find Sheffield life a lot more laid back!

Not talking is not as bad as what I seem to get in some places in Dronfield and Chesterfield where the shop assistant will serve you whilst yacking to somebody else the whole time, not even making eye contact.

For some reason I find that rather rude!

Not talking is not as bad as what I seem to get in some places in Dronfield and Chesterfield where the shop assistant will serve you whilst yacking to somebody else the whole time, not even making eye contact.

For some reason I find that rather rude!

Yeah I agree... I've not had that in Sheffield yet though.

Another thing I dislike; I'm a waitress, and I've worked in various shops, I hate when I'm trying to serve somebody and they're yacking on the phone to somebody else. If ever I'm at a checkout or till in a shop I'd never be on the phone at the same time, its just damn right rude!! And I'd never dream of being on my phone while sat at a table in a restuarant.

:mad:

Thats the trouble with us northerners,once we start talking we just cant stop.

I do find the mobile phone thing annoying though especially if you are on a long train journey and are subjected to listening to someone else's long drawn out conversation.

When I went to London a few weeks ago, I noticed they now have specific carriages to put people in who want to natter all the way to London

When I went to London a few weeks ago, I noticed they now have specific carriages to put people in who want to natter all the way to London

I noticed that the other month, i think they call them quiet carriages where you cant use your phone, ipod, laptop etc.

I noticed that the other month, i think they call them quiet carriages where you cant use your phone, ipod, laptop etc.

Yeah they're 'Quiet Zones' that particular carriage of each train is a different colour (on the outside at least) to all the others. Doesn't mean to say people abide by it though - still get the odd numpty!