Were you born in Sheffield

Were you born in Sheffield  

897 members have voted

1. 1. Were you born in Sheffield

• YES
    • NO

Sheffield has a place in family . I was not born at Sheffield myself but others were Stannington village especially holds a special place. My family in the past was quite large and were publicans they ran the old Hare and Hounds and the Blue Boer pubs in the 19th century . Moving forwards in time some of my family lived at Norfolk Park and worked at Firth Browns steel works ( Atlas Works ) as well as been in the Army. I lived at Sheffield for a brief time IV seem to have a soft spot for the steel city.

Born at home Lowedges and stayed in Sheff for 35 years.Moved to Ireland (County Mayo), then Glenavey, (near Belfast). Back to Sheff for a while, then Ayr/Glasgow for 8 years. Still got itchy feet, and would only move back to Sheff if Alcoblog lets me live in area 51 and a half, (request in). However, Alcoblog is trying to convince me (via glossy brochure/s) that Parsonia is the 'up and coming' place to be.

Wouldn't mind one of these places to finally settle down though:

York

Harrogate

Edinburgh

Bath

Lincolnshire

Norfolk

Born at home Lowedges and stayed in Sheff for 35 years.Moved to Ireland (County Mayo), then Glenavey, (near Belfast). Back to Sheff for a while, then Ayr/Glasgow for 8 years. Still got itchy feet, and would only move back to Sheff if Alcoblog lets me live in area 51 and a half, (request in). However, Alcoblog is trying to convince me (via glossy brochure/s) that Parsonia is the 'up and coming' place to be.

York

Harrogate

Edinburgh

Bath

Lincolnshire

Norfolk

So long as you can come up with the necessary Alcopfennig and don't mind sharing a cellar with the Freemasons, you're more than welcome. I have no problems with migrants from foreign borders.

So long as you can come up with the necessary Alcopfennig and don't mind sharing a cellar with the Freemasons, you're more than welcome. I have no problems with migrants from foreign borders.

Are the fluffless waspie things still in residence too or have they been evicted?

You seem to get through quite a lot of tenants up there in S51 and a half Alcoblog.

---------- Post added 20-03-2016 at 18:20 ----------

York

Harrogate

Edinburgh

Bath

Lincolnshire

Norfolk

I can endorse living in Norfolk but, if I was you I'd move into area 51 and a half with Alcoblog, we don't want anymore ex-sheffielders here.

Are the fluffless waspie things still in residence too or have they been evicted?

You seem to get through quite a lot of tenants up there in S51 and a half Alcoblog.

Not at all, I haven't had one tenant leave whatsoever (not from the premises as such, anyway). Well, I suppose you could count 'One Tooth', the sedentary octogenarian domestic, who's demise came about by natural uranium 235 poisoning (possibly accounting for her one wobbly tooth in the first place). Having no stable isotopes relatives, she's now half-decaying in the chemical garden, under something that resembles a turnip/monkfish.

Only ever had the one wasp at Area 51 and a Half™, and that wasn't a particularly good example, what with only half a wing and damaged shin. :(

Edited by Alcoblog

Not at all, I haven't had one tenant leave whatsoever (not from the premises as such, anyway). Well, I suppose you could count 'One Tooth', the sedentary octogenarian domestic, who's demise came about by natural uranium 235 poisoning (possibly accounting for her one wobbly tooth in the first place). Having no stable isotopes relatives, she's now half-decaying in the chemical garden, under something that resembles a turnip/monkfish.

Only ever had the one wasp at Area 51 and a Half™, and that wasn't a particularly good example, what with only half a wing and damaged shin. :(

Surely "One Tooth" the sedentary octogenarian domestic was called Juanita?