Newhall Road and Sanderson Street

The name Battersby rings a bell - which years was this and what classes were you in - I left in 1962 and my last form class was Mr. Bradbury. There used to be an Art teacher (I think it was Art) but anyway she had long black hair and used to practice singing 'Blue Moon' in a Jazz sort of way at lunch time. There was also a craft teacher who was something like Hungarian and I was useless - he used to look at my work and say 'Oh my dear girl' and shake his head - he had good reason still messy and cannot cut a straight line

we left in 69 70 but bob batersby had some older brothers who were at hatfield think Ian was one name .we were in same classes as malc sockett.kenny ball. alec and eric wraith.kevin prior.mick o'niel [blub].gordon tayler [tinker]. ? pashley. geoff edwards.have to get mind in gear for any more. also terry parker spoted his name in another thread.

no the no5 went to northern general(city general) it was the no1 turned down brightside lane onto upwell st up to page hall then firth park up stuubbin lane round to lane top down to essoldo bus terminus.then walked to hartley brook school

----------

Alemap, my sister just told me that no5 bus started from attercliffe rd

and stright down newhall rd under the bridge and up crown hill.

pass grimesthorpe club to firvale and up barnsley rd pass northern genaral

hospital and upto southey green and back, it was a circular bus. :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:

we left in 69 70 but bob batersby had some older brothers who were at hatfield think Ian was one name .we were in same classes as malc sockett.kenny ball. alec and eric wraith.kevin prior.mick o'niel [blub].gordon tayler [tinker]. ? pashley. geoff edwards.have to get mind in gear for any more. also terry parker spoted his name in another thread.

Did you know the Glasby`s on Newhall Road??

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Trace, Give my best wishes to Roy. We were in the same class at Newhall, and for a time I lived on Newhall Road before switching to Paget Street. I met Roy a few years ago at a class reunion, and it was our first meeting for many, many years. I don't think Roy came to the last reunion. It is now some time since we all got together, and, sadly, I doubt if it will happen again. Is Roy on Facebook? Send me a PM. K

Hi Tracie can your dad remember someone from Paget street called spot wilson ? He is my dad.