Vinyl record collection

anita

My husband is an ex DJ and has a record collection that he would like to sell. It consists of albums and singles ranging from 60's, 70's and 80's. What's the best way to sell them. Any ideas anyone???

Yes put them in the For Sale section & try to itemize the albums & singles.Or have a list and tell buyers you can email a list of the items for sale.

Originally posted by anita

My husband is an ex DJ and has a record collection that he would like to sell. It consists of albums and singles ranging from 60's, 70's and 80's. What's the best way to sell them. Any ideas anyone???

Get them independantly valued, some editions and pressing of recordings are very valuable.

depends on the condition really..........could get em independently valued and sold at auction for top wack.

you could take em to a shop eg record collector / jacks records and get quarter to half the value.

you could list em on the computer and use a record selling forum / auction or on ebay or create a website and advertise it sell em privately for decent money

im trying to enter all mine into M$ Access........ive got thousands tho.........hard slog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Beware collectors - they tend not to like ex-dj stock !!

Yes i agree totaly. All my collection of 1000's 0f 7" singles,Lps and 12 inch singles are all stored im my mates loft as my house isnt big enough to house them,plus all the music i use on my shows is now on pc.

I once tried to sell them at jacks records and he told me a djs collection would be worthless,to many commercial records.and tend not to be looked after.

thats a load of c*** they were my pride and joy and i didnt want to get to a gig and they were to click and jump about. plus i bought the coloured vinyl editions and picture discs.

You will be supprised what records are worth more than others,get help from some one who knows before you sell them,especially if records are in good condition and in picture covers.

The other thing is retro nights are becoming very popular with djs using vinyl they will pay good money for a good collection.

Archived