Allotments around woodseats area 60's

RAJAVU

:help::confused: MY GRANDAD HAROLD BUNTING (BUNNY) HAD AN ALLOTMENT AROUND THE WOODSEATS AREA BACK IN THE 40'S - 60'S DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WHERE ABOUTS THEY WERE ? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE OF HIM AND/OR THE ALLOTMENTS. THANKYOU.

I think there was a massive area of allotments where the crematorium area is now and there are still a few somewhere at the end of Camping Lane off Abbey Lane. My step-granpa had an allotment somewhere there, I got told a lot of anecdotes by stepma and her brother about their 'adventures' there. Sounds like it was a cool area for kids to play in those days.

:)thank you so much for the info, my grandad ended up building a mini bungalow there, just home from home, it was wonderful,the weekends were spent up there and what a great time i had as a child.....if anyione else can remember anything i would love to hear from you, sadly my grandad is not with us anymore, so, i'm depending the kind people of sheffield 8 to help. Thank you so much, youv'e made an ole women very happy....lol. Until next time.

:)thank you so much for the info, my grandad ended up building a mini bungalow there, just home from home, it was wonderful,the weekends were spent up there and what a great time i had as a child.....if anyione else can remember anything i would love to hear from you, sadly my grandad is not with us anymore, so, i'm depending the kind people of sheffield 8 to help. Thank you so much, youv'e made an ole women very happy....lol. Until next time.
You're sure you're not related to my step family, cos that sounds exactly the same thing as they did. Kept toys there, bikes, everything. Nunks used to tell me that it was a home from home but better, with no mean old neighbours and the bonus of fresh air. They used to think they were almost in the country back then :D

you're sure you're not related to my step family, cos that sounds exactly the same thing as they did. Kept toys there, bikes, everything. Nunks used to tell me that it was a home from home but better, with no mean old neighbours and the bonus of fresh air. They used to think they were almost in the country back then :D

we may well be related as my grandad was 'step' original family name was caminow from scarsdale road, then from 1934 meersbrook avenue. I was born 1952 being the youngest of 3 girls, my mum was the eldest of 3 = 1 girl 2 boys, but i have lost touch with all my relations ,i left sheffield for 30 years so my info is only what i can remember !! Anyone else with info would be aprreciated thanks.

Archived