A Different night out around sheffield?

I hope someone can help its my moms birthday nxt week and i want to take her out but i want to do something different we always go for a meal on family birthdays shes been down latly and i really want to cheer her up plz plz help

Cheers Joanna

With the Peak District on our doorstep, why not take her out to Derwent Valley? You can walk or hire a bike. If the weather's nice (as if?!), take a picnic.

Then there's Chatsworth and Bakewell. Nice pubs serving good food. A walk at Monsal Dale? Something different - Heights Of Abraham at Matlock. Go up in a cable-car, then go down one of the caves.

Crich Tramway Museum? Ride on the top of a tram. I had a nice birthday there a three years ago.

Closer to home, Castleton. More caves to explore, more pubs to choose from should you wish! A walk up the castle or even to see the road that's slipped away from Mam Tor.

As you state 'night out', obviously it depends how late, but with summer evenings somewhere round the corner, a walk in the Peak District with a setting sun should lift anyone's spirits.

Archived