Regular all inclusive coach trips to Rock City, Nottingham

goldenfleece

The Dove is just pricing up an exciting new plan to run all inclusive coach trips to Nottingham Rock City, once a month to start with, depending on demand. The Coach would pick up from the Dove and Rainbow, drive directly to Rock City (1 hr), and wait around until 3am to return to the Dove or another central Sheffield location. Included in the price will be entry to Rock City on a Saturday night.....it should be a good price, no hotels to fork out for, no standing in cold train stations until 8am or sleeping on a bench.

http://www.rock-city.co.uk/new_site/club_nights.htm

Saturdays nights have 3 rooms playing all sorts of stuff, from ROCK OUT AT THE RIG all classic rock, and various other nights in the other 2 rooms on an alternating basis. See their web site for details of the nights. It's a rockin good club and a cool night out down there too, plus we know all the rock pubs in town too and can plan some all day events with earlier departures according to demand (and pricing).

I am also going to price up running the REVERSE of this, ie, picking up in Nottingham and bringing people to Sheffield to see our rock scene pubs and clubs too........I am sure folks in Nottingham would like to try out Corporation if they could get home without a lot of messing about....

Anyone interested? Then comment here if you are.

Blimey - that brings back a few memories - I used to regularly go to the alternative night at Rock City on sat nights in the late 80s/early90s - about the only place you could hear Crazyhead/Gaye Bykers/Salvation/NMA etc.. though I dare say its changed a bit since then..

I spent many an hour at the bus station waiting for the airport night coach back to shef - which was always very late... it got a lot easier when some mates moved to Nottingham...

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived