Condense heat ltd

oh yes i know these ,.. :) based in manchester..

check out the gallery ??? whats going on there !!!!!

its a while since i came across them, trading maybe 8 years as i remember it, run by a woman who broke away from another company (name eludes me)

all pipework is plastic, seem to remeber them fitting sime boilers but moved onto valiant eco tec pro,

they use sub contractors on a fixed price and all they supply is the boiler/rads and the contractor supplies the fittings and pipe and removes all rubbish from site.

99% sure i am right

what would you like to know about a combination system /?

oh yes i know these ,.. :) based in manchester..

check out the gallery ??? whats going on there !!!!!

its a while since i came across them, trading maybe 8 years as i remember it, run by a woman who broke away from another company (name eludes me)

all pipework is plastic, seem to remeber them fitting sime boilers but moved onto valiant eco tec pro,

they use sub contractors on a fixed price and all they supply is the boiler/rads and the contractor supplies the fittings and pipe and removes all rubbish from site.

99% sure i am right

what would you like to know about a combination system /?

yes there based in stockport, sounds like one to avoid.

just wanted to know if they are worth while fitting in terms of money saving and eco friendly etc and how much they cost etc

only smarties have the answer . :)

from looking at the web site i would say valiant boilers, from experience push fit plastic pipe, most rads have a 10 year guarantee.

i would get them in for a price out of interest. they will offer you a deal if you say no. they also want you to sign up the same day and will offer you finance saying that the savings over the next 5 years will actually pay the finance off.

one offer they were doing years ago was if you keep all your gas bills and reciepts go back to them in 10 years time and they will give you 100% cash back .. usually backed by a leading bank.

as i say it cant hurt to get them in. they usually letter an area say 10,000 homes and expect 3 % interest so the estimator will be in your area .. :)

• 1 year later...

I had a cold call from this company on Friday evening, about an hour after I'd registered by phone with the free loft insulation scheme the City Council is running. (Is this a coincidence or has anyone else had a similar experience?)

They (condense heat) told me they were running a scheme in my area and if I qualified I would get a reduction in the cost, then said they had their rep on Saturday and could he come give us a free no obligation quote? When he came he said we had to make a decision there and then or the offer would be withdrawn. I said no and he extended it to Monday. Its wrapped up in a finance package in partnership with barclays, and we were being encouraged to look at the 10 year option, which would have meant paying more than 100% interest over the term (The price for a 2 bed semi with 6 radiatiors was £4980) so its the same as a high interest credit card. We were told work would be completed by this Friday if we went ahead!

Not sure if the price is good as I haven't had chance to get any more quotes. Would like to know if anyone else has been contacted after signing up with SCC scheme and if they are any good?

• 1 year later...

I have just had a telephone call from Peter at Condense Heating obviously wanting us to upgrade our heating system. Someone once told me if it isn't broke why change it. It might not be the most A rated boiler or the most efficient but works perfectly well. So if you get a call from these ask yourself the same question - is yours broke ?

Archived