Scot William Combo

Anyone with memories of the Scot William Combo ( 3 / 4 members ) who played blues and folk music in Sheffield in the 60's. Associated venues were Greengate Hotel at High Green and possibly the Arbourthorne Hotel in Sheffield.

Where did you see them play ? Are the lads still with us ?

Anyone with memories of the Scot William Combo ( 3 / 4 members ) who played blues and folk music in Sheffield in the 60's. Associated venues were Greengate Hotel at High Green and possibly the Arbourthorne Hotel in Sheffield.

Where did you see them play ? Are the lads still with us ?

I was a follower of the Scott William Combo from way back! the first line up was Scott,George Gill and Rick Elsom. George left and was replaced on lead by Dave Hawley.A bass player was then added, Nick Farrelly, Dave Hawley left to join the Lorne Gibson Trio and was replaced by ex Joe Cocker lead,Phil Crookes. Enter then new drummer Kenny Slade who replaced Rick Elsom. Lol Naylor,Roger Jackson,and a drummer from Chesterfield Jonny Pearson, were also drumming around this time for the Combo.Nick Farrelly left to join Frank White and later Steve Denton and club group the Vantennas and was replaced by Dave Green on bass. Scott(alias William Goudie) was last heard of living in Germany,Dave Hawley died recently,Phil Crookes and Rick Elsom live a stonesthrow from each other but dont gig anymore,Jonny Pearson lives in USA.Nick Farrelly plays fiddle regularly in Fagans pub and the Dog and Partridge in town.Dave Green was last heard of with the Stu Mosely band.As for the rest of the regiment ?....................................I saw the band at Club 60,Esquire club.Arbourthorne Hotel,Birley Hotel, Greystones Hotel,Greengate pub on tuesdays.Stringfellows clubs,Polish club and tons more I suppose....................PS anyone know whats happening to "Sladie"?

Good evening mossdog and thanks for such an informative and interesting reply.

I posted the appeal for info on behalf of my wife, who along with a pal, were keen followers of the group.

When I drag her away from the telly and show her your reply, I will wait for her comments and may get back to you.

I was a follower of the Scott William Combo from way back! the first line up was Scott,George Gill and Rick Elsom. George left and was replaced on lead by Dave Hawley.A bass player was then added, Nick Farrelly, Dave Hawley left to join the Lorne Gibson Trio and was replaced by ex Joe Cocker lead,Phil Crookes. Enter then new drummer Kenny Slade who replaced Rick Elsom. Lol Naylor,Roger Jackson,and a drummer from Chesterfield Jonny Pearson, were also drumming around this time for the Combo.Nick Farrelly left to join Frank White and later Steve Denton and club group the Vantennas and was replaced by Dave Green on bass. Scott(alias William Goudie) was last heard of living in Germany,Dave Hawley died recently,Phil Crookes and Rick Elsom live a stonesthrow from each other but dont gig anymore,Jonny Pearson lives in USA.Nick Farrelly plays fiddle regularly in Fagans pub and the Dog and Partridge in town.Dave Green was last heard of with the Stu Mosely band.As for the rest of the regiment ?....................................I saw the band at Club 60,Esquire club.Arbourthorne Hotel,Birley Hotel, Greystones Hotel,Greengate pub on tuesdays.Stringfellows clubs,Polish club and tons more I suppose....................PS anyone know whats happening to "Sladie"?

Don't know what Sladey's up to, I posted something up here a couple of months ago asking that same question but nobody seemed to know.

Archived