Best beer garden in City Centre?

Obviously, as mentioned by many posters, outside of the city centre, Uni Arms and the Kelham Island beer gardens are great, and those at Benjamin Huntsman, Henry's, Cavendish and Rutland are OK, though not that sunny. I was walking up from Henry's to Division St yesterday when it leapt out at me - The Great Gatsby - a nice little beer garden that gets the sun in the evening! The only other sunny ones are outside the front of the Sheffield Tap and the Old Queen's Head, but there's too much traffic for my liking.

Obviously, as mentioned by many posters, outside of the city centre, Uni Arms and the Kelham Island beer gardens are great, and those at Benjamin Huntsman, Henry's, Cavendish and Rutland are OK, though not that sunny. I was walking up from Henry's to Division St yesterday when it leapt out at me - The Great Gatsby - a nice little beer garden that gets the sun in the evening! The only other sunny ones are outside the front of the Sheffield Tap and the Old Queen's Head, but there's too much traffic for my liking.

There's no sun outside the tap in an evening. By 1900 it's very much in the shade.

Again, not really town centre but there is a nice outside drinking area at the Francis Newton on Clarkehouse Rd. Used to be called soemthing else but is now a Wetherspoons, a nice one though - think that one at the bottom on Ecclesall road rather than bankers draft.

I went the other day and it was lovely and sunny - lots of outside space, beers is cheap as its a spoons but they had a decent selection of real ale....Easy Rider, Doom Bar etc

Archived