Smoking outside pubs

sierraman

More intriguing though is why it angers you so much?

Interesting question. I just have a vision of all these pubs in Ireland with 75 percent of the roof missing where builders have used calculus to ensure that they only removed 75% and not a % more, even if the roof was sloping.

Doesn't it rain a lot in Ireland?

Oh my god you can't have it all ways!!! I can't believe the irony of someone saying they noticed smokers while driving on park way and we should have a city centre exclusion!!! And talking about smokers bothering you when you are at the pub - yes I am sure your liver will be very upset that your lungs are getting a head start on it getting damaged!!

I know drinking does not have passive effects, which is the whole argument about smoking, but your car and city centre life in general has just as much effect on us as smoking, so how far do you want to go with this city centre exclusion? Exclude us from living modern life at all??

So you have to move out of the way a bit when you leave the pub, the pub you have just sat inside in clean air thanks to your Government, while smokers who are doing something by choice and legally, which was legal to do in public and inside for years and years, are now forced to go outside.

Thousands of pubs in Ireland are already shut, do you want your entire city centre to shut down?

There should be seperate smoking rooms in establishments that want to carry on any kind of business, but if this cannot happen, can people at least stop bitching about people smoking OUTSIDE for god's sake?! It works in LA with no stress or drama.

And no, I don't smoke!

Smokers should not be allowed near any public place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope one day they will be fined and prosecuted for passive smoking. If they wish to do it in the confinement of their own home so be it but don't come inflicting your stench and health hazard on everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is pathetic all this crap. Until the smoker has been banished to their home it won't stop. I say ban none smokers. They are a bunch of moaning self righteous planks. Besides which they are basically thieves! Smokers spend loads of their hard earned money for cigarettes only for none smokers to come passively enjoying them. Tsk!

Smokers should not be allowed near any public place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope one day they will be fined and prosecuted for passive smoking. If they wish to do it in the confinement of their own home so be it but don't come inflicting your stench and health hazard on everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a smoker, and a non-driver, I refuse to take criticism from anyone who owns a car. The fact is that cars pollute the atmosphere more than cigarettes do. Most of the non-smokers who complain about tobacco smoke are more than happy to sit in traffic, or walk down a busy street, inhaling exhuast fumes.

You give up your car, I'll give up my ciggies.

Do you own a car, Bilbo?

As a smoker, and a non-driver, I refuse to take criticism from anyone who owns a car. The fact is that cars pollute the atmosphere more than cigarettes do. Most of the non-smokers who complain about tobacco smoke are more than happy to sit in traffic, or walk down a busy street, inhaling exhuast fumes.

You give up your car, I'll give up my ciggies.

Do you own a car, Bilbo?

I could give up my car for a week. I doubt you could give up your cigarettes for even a day. Cars are convenient. Cigarettes contain one of the most addictive drugs on this planet.

Archived