Best of Sheffield: Bars, pubs, restaurants etc

davidwhitley

Hello all - I wonder if you can help me out...

I am currently researching a travel guide to Sheffield for people who come up to the city for business/ events/ visiting friends and relatives etc.

I'm looking for tips on the very best Sheffield has to offer so that I can go and check them out for myself. Any favourite restaurants, pubs, bars, cafés and way to spend a day would be much appreciated. Same with any suggestions for pubs with good food.

Generally, I'm looking to focus on things that are uniquely Sheffield (ie. not chain pubs or restaurants) that would be the sort of place you'd take guests/ visitors to. Essentially, the places you'd go if you were wanting to show the city off or go for a special treat rather than just a decent local.

I'll add all tips to my list of places to check out, and hopefully I can make it as good and as comprehensive as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Sheffield is terrible for non chain restaurants I'm afraid. There's Bee Bee's on Devonshire St though.

Leopold Square would be a great place for independent restaurants, but unfortunately its full of chain restaurants.

Bar wise, The Forum is probably the best place around. Good interior, space outside and doesn't attract idiots who want to glass you.

What I'd say is that Sheffield not just about the immediate town centre. There are some great non chain restaurants just outside eg Bohemian and Rush Hour - Chesterfield Rd, Zeugma, Noodle Inn, Jabu etc - London Rd. There's also a great little Greek place called Hallas on Denby St near Bramall Lane. As for bars I'd suggest the Kelham Island run - Kelham Island Tav, Fat Cat, Harlequin, Milestone. There's also the brilliant back St pubs off West St -Dog and Partridge, Fagans, Red Deer.

I'm sure there's loads more I've not mentioned. Agree BB's Division st and Forum now they have re-done are great too. As is Frog and Parrot.

Archived