Hi guys, new in Sheff, where's good to go for a night out?

bobby22

Originally posted by bobby22

Hi all, i've just moved to sheff a few weeks ago and wanted some inside info on where to go.

Keep hearing about kingdom or gatecrasher?????

Hi, and welcome to the forum

Thers always posts like thse, and im sure many people will reocommend somewhere. But I always think its best to know what type of music you are into before recommending a place.

Originally posted by spyro2000

Hi, and welcome to the forum

Thers always posts like thse, and im sure many people will reocommend somewhere. But I always think its best to know what type of music you are into before recommending a place.

Cheers mate, thanks for the reply and welcome. I'm into most music to be honest, not so much into the R'n'B scene but don't mind dance. Went to the Leadmill about 5 years ago and had a good night, bit relaxed and grungy. Didn't like the club though, bit old and stuck to floor. Is it still the same?

Originally posted by bobby22

nah mate, no chavs here. Take it that place is scallie central then?

What about Gatecrasher? heard mixed views on it?

I wouldnt say Kingdom is Scallie central. Its a masive venue, and yes there are chavs there, but there are so many rooms and no doubt there will be a room that you wil enjoy.

Gatecrasher IMO is a great venue. has some good nights.

But both Kingdom and Crasher will no doubt be kind of empty now that summer is approaching as both are normal haunts for students.

EDIT, yeah Leadmill hasnt changed. Still very much sticky and dingy, but to some people that adds to the Leadmill atmosphere and thats what its all about.

If your into things like Pop and dance and want to stay clear of RnB then I would suggest Gatecrasher on a weekend, or Kingdom in the week. The main rooms will have Dance, although some of the other rooms will have RnB

Archived