Does anyone know James (Jimmy) Jackson around 1942 he would have been 19

auspom

Does anyone know of a Jimmy (James) Jackson about 1942 he would have been about 19 then I think he worked at Tommy Wards

Hi auspom,

as Jim & the Jackson names would have been common.

I did know a Jim Jackson that had worked in the steel industry,

not sure about him working at Tommy Wards.

But could this be the same bloke?

He was a very keen angler.

m&p

Hello there Thanks for the reply. I don't really know about the fishing but he worked with my mum and went out with her when my dad was at war and I was told when she died that Jimmy was my real dad and I would love to trace the family as I haven't any brothers or sisters. It was a bit of a shock. I am not sure about the Tommy Wards but I think it was and I know he was younger than my mum when I was born in 1942 and she was just coming up to 21 then. Thank you for replying you have given me some hope rergards Carol

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the information but I don't suppose you would no if Jimmy was the same one that had the affair with my mum in 1941 42. You have really made my day and I hope I can find some more out. I am the onbly one and would like to know if I haver any brothers and sisters from Jimmy (my real dad) Hope to hear back from you and thank you once again regards Carol By the way my mothers name was Florence Allwood and Ballard before she got married

Hello Maureen. Thank you for the information. My mother was 20 at the time and I do know he was a younger than her but that is as much as I know. I would rly like to find him if he is still alive. My mother lived down Crookesmoor Road the old part which has been gone for a long time. I didn't find out until my mother died in 2000 and then the family told me. My dad as I knew as my dad died over 30 years ago. There is only one of my mothers sisters left now and she is the youngest one and does remember a bit but my mums older sisters told me and all the family knew about it even my dad that brought me up only me didn't know. Do you know if he is still alive? Thanks so much for asking for me. I live in Australia so it is a bit difficult to do anything. Love to you an the family Carol xxx

hye carol sorry but jimmy died about 5 years ago .he never married but had a girl friend for years untill she died years ago he did not go to see her in hospital as he was scared of hospitals so do not give up yet i will ask mary what her name was.jimmy was a very good looking man about 5 10 with black curly hair bye maureenxxx

Archived