Just joined Virgin Gym

Joined last week to be able to go from today. I just moved back to Sheff after a relationship did not quite make it (lived for 18 months near Derby till last week). Have to say it's quality given it's 2 minutes from where I live and the spa / sauna type bit by the pool is quality. I even went straight back after work - about 8pm, much busier. Many others go and how does it compare to other gyms? I'm just sticking to swimming for a couple of weeks then will tackle the gym and get a program in place.

I was a member last year and loved it, I used to go for 3 hours every day, I particularly liked the climbing wall.

However when I moved into the city centre I changed to The Cage gym, this was not a patch on Virgin and it was not motivating so I hardly went. Now The Cage has closed I rejoined Virgin 2 days ago and have been twice already and plan to go again tonight.

I'm not sure what it is but it is far more motivating than any other gym I've been to.

Been a member since early this year. Never a gym person before but I love it. I had some sessions with Louise one of the personal trainers, and she was excellent, really helped me get sorted out. been poorly for the few weeks and not able to go but cannot wait unitl I do.

You can join monthly at about £45, but if you sign up as a Diamond member you get a discount package with other Virgin companies, and fixed membership fees for life £40.

Well worth a visit.

I'm gutted cos I cant go any more!

I've moved so now its a 12 mile round trip so it's a gym too far. Shame because it has got the best facitlites Ive seen.

I particularly liked the spa and the boxing stuff. Only downside it is seems to be getting busier and busier and this was putting me off going on a week night to a degree.

Archived