Whats Bar Matrix going to be ?

carbooter10

Kinda glad that it has been put to some use, but the place holds many happy memories for me as having hosted many different Gay Nights, from when it was Kiki's and hosted 'Trash', to when it last hosted Speedqueen about a year ago before SQ mooved across to Redroom, also closed.

There were rumors about one or two new 'Gay Clubs' opening around there over the last couple of years; Matrix would have been a perfect venue, and may one day still be...

Re. licensing, it seems wo hidebound by conditions these days; for instance I heard the reason why Sheffield doesen't have a 'gay village' cluster of gay venues is precisely because the city council didn't want late-night gay clubs in the city centre, but seeing that Dempseys now has an extension, Lions lair and Sanctuary have been open for late parties, and the new Affinity will be open until 6 on some nights, it doesen't seem to ring true any more...

One long-derelict venue I would love to see reopened as a decent pub/club venue would be the old Matilda Tavern on Matilda Street....:love:

Yes Tia it would be lovely to reopen the old Matilda pub once again .. didnt it used to have a drag queen event I went there once and there were THREE drag queens there !

Archived