Westfield Upper & Lower,& Mosbro' J&I

Novice

Hi all,

Has anyone got ANY, and I mean ANY photographs or information about the Schools mentioned above?

Westfield Upper School (old one)

Westfield Lower School

Mosborough Junior & Infants.(old one...on School Street)

I would love old photo's of the indoors or outdoors, or plans etc.

This is purely a personal project and no publishing etc will take place.

Just been to Old Westfield School site and it has ALL GONE!...totally! quite sad really.

I remember seeing old photo's of Lower school once at a presentation type of thing when I was at the school so I know they exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try the local studies section of Eckington Library...they had a book in there written by Miss Smith the girls headmistress. There was also photgraphs in the book of inside and outside the school.

There was also had a copy in Crystal Peaks library.

Tuppie

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

Has anyone got ANY, and I mean ANY photographs or information about the Schools mentioned above?

Westfield Upper School (old one)

Westfield Lower School

Mosborough Junior & Infants.(old one...on School Street)

I would love old photo's of the indoors or outdoors, or plans etc.

This is purely a personal project and no publishing etc will take place.

Just been to Old Westfield School site and it has ALL GONE!...totally! quite sad really.

I remember seeing old photo's of Lower school once at a presentation type of thing when I was at the school so I know they exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Info in Eckington and Crystal Peaks libraries as previous mentioned, also privately published material I saw many years ago, but can't remember titles. Several pictures of Eckington Grammer School later known as Westfield lower.

Aerial picture, picture during construction, one with staff, one a front shot looking up from the cricket pitch, one of the air raid shelters. Early one of Westfield upper about circa 1959

Archived