Jon

All together now....

Ludus est nobis,

Bonus oh sodales,

Quem decet semper,

Colere atque amare,

Etc etc

1962 to 1969

May each and every teacher [except Boris, Cas Shreeve, Fred Wood & Diddy David Gomersall] rot in hell.

Edited by NanO'Second
I haven't got the Latin.

All together now....

Ludus est nobis,

Bonus oh sodales,

Quem decet semper,

Colere atque amare,QUOTE]

and just to complete the first 2 verses, according to the site I quoted, although I don't quite remember it like this..

Hunc labos noster

Studiumque nostrum

Semper honestent

Quisque pro cumetis pacit at laborat

Singulus omnes tamen universi

Nitimus praesentem at opem feramus

Auxiliumque

Did you have a really bad time there Nano? I came out the other end OK, but can't say it did me any more good than any other school would have done.

1957 to 1964. I remember Nellie Brooke, Daz Smith, Nebby Parker, Chaz Holmes, 'Daddy' Machin, who was always 'slinging Johnnies over the road', Hefty Wood, wee Jock McKay, Jammy Moorhouse, Fritz Shaddock, Joe Eaker, Spike Johnson, Stan Cook, The Duke, and of course Wilson, the Head. A mixed bunch, some were OK, others not so, and the worst was Wilson.

I met Joe a few years after I left. He had a daughter who was a concert pianist and she gave concerts in prisons.

My Missus taught Stan Cook's grandchildren, and apparently he had a book of children's poetry published.

the worst was ******.

QUOTE]

Yes indeed.

I remember all of these people Algy. Some 'proper' teachers, and some not so.

And I remember the horrible black and blue bruises on people that were inflicted on them with his range of canes. What would happen if that went on today?

Pupils I knew were Steve Rowley, Peter Hunt, Mick Parkin, Anthony Hawke, Melvyn Smith, John Pilley, Derek Sunderland, John Thompson, Dennis Longden, Evander Eugene Bramhall, Terry Reid amongst others.

And the school photos are priceless. If you download them and look at them with windows picture viewer you can increase the size and probably pick out people you knew.

Do look at the site, it's full of information.

Cheers

GG.