Proposed closure of Leppings Lane on match days - have your say

The problem here is that anyone living on Winn Gardens, Middlewood Road, Wadsley Park Village etc has no route into the city. They will be forced along middlewood road and then ooops theres a tram gate. The only way to make this work would be to remove the tram gate restrictions at weekends. As SCC have spent a year defending the stupid tram gate i can't see them backing down on that one.

As for the ground supporting the area. I doubt the revenue is nearly as big as you think. Other areas with one or two exceptions that have moved grounds haven't seen a major decline.

The roads in the whole are need reviewing before they attempt this. Parking on match days also needs enforcing more vigorously or they will never get residents on their side.

If is for road safety, then its a common sense issue.

Usually the Police load and unload coaches on leppings Lane, and fans are always walking in the road after the match, its been a miricle no ones already been killed.

The road could indeed be opened when the match is taking place say from 3.15pm until 15 mins before the end of the game, rather than keeping the road closed all the match.

I would say Road closed from say 1pm till 3:15pm Then closed about 15 mins before end of match till fans have cleared. (Whats wrong with that)

What the Police/council want is a permanent closure during match days because it would'nt mean road junctions having to be controlled and traffic wardens/Police diverting and advising motorists etc. (To hard to do)

when a sign would do the job at no cost, other than to inconvenience the motorist. Hence their application to close the road all day.

After all Sheffield Wednesday should be paying for officers to shut the road

Its their football match, which makes hundreds of thousands, of pounds.

Edited by Joe-Public
spelling mistake and insertion.

if it really is neccesery to close it,it should be when the match ends,before the match people just trickle in.But why now all of a sudden like said above no one has been killed etc does penistone road have to be close too i would say thats more dangerous with faster moving cars also langsett road above will need to be closed as loads of fans walk up that way it would never end.

Ps no punctuation as im in a rush before any one comments

I doubt very much whether it's just down to road safety. How many accidents have there been on match days involving pedestrians and cars - are there any figures?

I wouldn't object to this if there was a sensible alternative route. As Cuey said, people from Wadsley, or WPV/Winn Gardens have no route onto Penistone Road or onto the A61 without going all the way round through Oughtibridge/Grenoside, or all the way round to Malin Bridge and through the middle of Hillsborough. Exactly what route does the council expect people to take?

Ive heard that a planned change in legistlation will mean the police will soon be handing over the responsibility of road closures at football matches to the football clubs themselves.

So the football stewards will be in charge of closing the roads:gag:

Sounds like a backwards step to me!

Well it does not affect me but what about all the people who live in the side roads off Leppings Lane who have cars? They are effectively going to be either confined to the street or if they are out excluded from driving home. :loopy:

anyone that lives anywhere within in hillsborough will tell you that this is already the case.

We either dont leave the house on match days or avoid returning home until at least 20 minutes after the match ends theres no point doing otherwise . As soon as your move your car someone is gauranteed to park there.

I know its a public road BUT on our road theres only houses on one side and the other is just a path but people insist on parking outside the houses instead of using their common sense and manners and parking on the other side where no one lives!!

In fairness its not only match days theres always some ignorant pillock wanting to park outside your house for the weekend but match days are by far the worst!!