Gordon Brown - Why the hatred?

I see lots of threads saying how useless Gordon Brown is. Although I agree he's not exactly the most likeable character and I wish that someone like Barack Obama would take charge but I don't see where all the hatred comes from?

I'm not defending him, I suppose I must be ignorant to the stupid decisions he's made. Could anyone give me examples of why they despise him so much?

I think people hate Gordon Brown because a) his complete and utter lack of charisma - what is that funny throat movement he keeps doing when talking, it's very distracting b) weak decision making and failure to assure the people at times when strong leadership is needed and c) the fact that unemployment is rising and people can't afford to do the things they want to do anymore, their houses have decreased in value and the good times seem to have drifted away.

I think people hate Gordon Brown because a) his complete and utter lack of charisma - what is that funny throat movement he keeps doing when talking, it's very distracting b) weak decision making and failure to assure the people at times when strong leadership is needed and c) the fact that unemployment is rising and people can't afford to do the things they want to do anymore, their houses have decreased in value and the good times seem to have drifted away.

Points a and b I'd agree with, but people who say that its his fault that they can't get a job and that they are in negative equity are idiots. It was the UK/US banks that caused the economic downturn, not anything that the politicians did.

And for the first time, I appear to be defending politicians... Must get off medication.

Archived