Gordon Brown - Why the hatred?

but I don't see where all the hatred comes from?

Gordon Brown will go down in history as one of the worst chancellors this country has ever had. Most people haven't yet cottoned on to just how badly he has mismanaged the economy, they prefer to believe the spin.

It's been suggested that if the Conservatives win on Thursday, that Cameron call in the IMF to audit the country's finances. Why? So that people will know that it's Gordon Brown is to blame for the austerity measures being implemented.

Brown is really no better or worse than any other politician.

He will do some things that some like, and somethings that some won't like. Another PM will do something that others like, and some things that others don't like.

Unfortunately, we're in a vicious circle with politics. People complain about them lying, yet if they told the truth, people wouldn't vote for them. So they have to lie and tell people what they want to hear, so they vote for them. Then the people complain that the politicians lie etc etc.

As it stands, the politicians can't really win, and the people can't win, so it's a bit of a stalemate between us and them.

Take Brown's "gaffe" last week. If he'd said what he'd thought to that woman, he'd have been slagged off in the media etc. Everyone was happy when he was being friendly to her and laughing and being jovial and, if the mic hadn't have still been on, then nothing would have happened.

The thing for me was he showed he was human and just like everyone else. We've all done it where we work - you come off the phone to a customer, or they leave reception and you slag them off for something they've said or how they've acted towards you.

People say politicians are too far removed from the people - yet the first time he shows he's just like everyone else, they all jump on him and he's hung by the media.

The difference between him and the other leaders is that they haven't been caught saying something yet. But you can bet your life that they've done exactly the same as what Brown did.

I enjoyed growing up whilst the tories were in charge, whilst my school had some scary groups of people in it there seemed to be many fewer on the streets. School was a bit easier than in the past but it hadn't yet become the joke it is now. My step family now go to the school I used to go to and I am so glad I grew up during the tories reign because its an absolute mess now. The teachers are scared of many of the kids and the work that results in A grades is often laughable.

Nulabour have made an anti labour voter out of me.

Gordon Brown will go down in history as one of the worst chancellors this country has ever had. Most people haven't yet cottoned on to just how badly he has mismanaged the economy, they prefer to believe the spin.

It's been suggested that if the Conservatives win on Thursday, that Cameron call in the IMF to audit the country's finances. Why? So that people will know that it's Gordon Brown is to blame for the austerity measures being implemented.

sounds like a very good plan but I suspect people will still be going on about maggie in 20 more years. Maybe the UK just loves its credit card to much!

He should have moved on. There's plenty in the Labour party who could and should be the leader now. Despite the massive failings of Labour over the past generation, they still have a lot of support. However, I feel the support of these people is being stretched by Brown as he's clearly a lame duck.

Ironically, as King was saying last week, fielding a weak candidate now may actually be a good thing as whoever gets in is going to have to make the unpopular cuts which will see them in opposition (at most) for at least another generation.

Because the grass is always greener…………

That is my worry. People will be voting for change but I don't honestly believe there would have been any major differences if the Conservatives had been in power. They would have done similar things just with a bit less money taken from the very rich.

I have no allegiance to any party but I don't think now is the time for change. We have gone through a recession with most people barely noticing. If it wasn't for the media I don't think the majority would really have noticed many changes, they are still much better off than previous generations.

Ironically, as King was saying last week, fielding a weak candidate now may actually be a good thing as whoever gets in is going to have to make the unpopular cuts which will see them in opposition (at most) for at least another generation.
Which is why a hung parliament and coalition government wouldn't be such a worse thing (it'll be bad enough anyway) after all. Share the 'after-the-effect blame' all-round and all that.

Of course, that's provided the coalition government still makes the unpopular cuts, rather than mire itself in squabbling and finger-pointing.

because he is a slimey two faced arsole ,labour are all talk and no action the public want action not promises.ukip will be getting my cross.

Issue 1. The Tax Payers Alliance estimates EU membership costs Britain as much as £120 billion per year. Just HALF of that would pay for 3 million jobs @ £20,000 p.a. Imagine! [Report Post]

Issue 2. Teach our children English, maths and science - not se x . [Report Post]

Issue 3. Say NO to wasting £45 million a day in Brussels

Issue 4. Say NO to mass immigration

Issue 5. Say YES to referendums on all major issues

I see lots of threads saying how useless Gordon Brown is. Although I agree he's not exactly the most likeable character and I wish that someone like Barack Obama would take charge but I don't see where all the hatred comes from?

Some people say that he enquired about a woman's grandchildren in Rochdale and then called her a big fat bigot behind her back.

Gordon wouldn't do that. I don't believe a word of it.

Which is why a hung parliament and coalition government wouldn't be such a worse thing (it'll be bad enough anyway) after all. Share the 'after-the-effect blame' all-round and all that.

Of course, that's provided the coalition government still makes the unpopular cuts, rather than mire itself in squabbling and finger-pointing.

Couldn't agree more. Coalition could be a great thing, but having watched all three debates I can't help but feel they would just squabble like children. Clegg raised a good suggestion in the final one - getting all three "chancellors" together now to discuss how to tackle it. Can't see it happening, but it's positive to see the ultimate aim of any incoming government being addressed upfront.

Archived