Fishing in Sheffield

paulwhiteley

My son caught a whopper barbel yesterday at Loxley Fisheries. I thought barbel were river fish, and not still water. Don't know how he got in there. Must have been around 8/9 lbs.

They are stocked in there mate.I got a few about 4 years back they were only about 2 to 4 pound back then so its nice to know they are getting bigger.

It is the one that used to be called Marshalls. Behind the Nags Head.

The other one further up the valley (don't remember what it is called) is a lovely pond, but you can only fish until 7pm, so not much good after work.

It is the one that used to be called Marshalls. Behind the Nags Head.

The other one further up the valley (don't remember what it is called) is a lovely pond, but you can only fish until 7pm, so not much good after work.

thanx mandem.i fished it when it was marshals ,plenty of good tench in the pond if i remember correctly

might take the son up there next week for a day out,thanx again for clearing up the name and position of the pond ;)

Archived