Diggerland - A little pricey?

WarPig

Does anyone else think this place is a little expensive?

Ok, not really a Sheffield related posting but I thought I'd share my thoughts about my visit two days ago.

Me and the long suffering wife took our two year old son to Diggerland the other day. Admission was £15 per adult and free for my son (free for under 3's). I thought this a little expensive when compared to other attractions.

Having paid, as soon as you enter the park there is a miniature roadway with electric cars to ride on. It looked great and my lad sprinted over to it and sat in a red tractor. All good so far, except you have to insert a £1 coin to ride the cars:mad:

I thought this was quite disgusting considering we had only just paid £30 entry fee. I reluctantly let him have a go as I knew he would love it, which he did.

Then on to the diggers, which were great:) There was a row of 4 or 5 large JCB diggers and after a short queue I jumped into one with my lad on my lap, and began scooping about in the mud:D Then onto some other rides and more diggers..

We then arrived at the dodgems/bumper cars and again my lad sprinted over to them and sat in a car. But again a £1 coin was required:(

This annoyed me as I expected all rides to be free considering we had paid £30 entry. Needless to say, we didnt pay and I had to lift my by now upset lad out of the car.

The food wasnt cheap either, two sandwiches and two drinks for £6:o So I would advise taking a packed lunch

The expensive food and extra costs for some of the rides was quite disappointing and put the dampers on an otherwise enjoyable day. I would have expected all rides to be free at £30 entry fee!

I guess the diggers are expensive for the park to buy/rent but they could do themselves some favours and reduce the entry fee slightly and abolish the extra charges.

Rant over

Does anyone else think this place is a little expensive?

Ok, not really a Sheffield related posting but I thought I'd share my thoughts about my visit two days ago.

Me and the long suffering wife took our two year old son to Diggerland the other day. Admission was £15 per adult and free for my son (free for under 3's). I thought this a little expensive when compared to other attractions.

Having paid, as soon as you enter the park there is a miniature roadway with electric cars to ride on. It looked great and my lad sprinted over to it and sat in a red tractor. All good so far, except you have to insert a £1 coin to ride the cars:mad:

I thought this was quite disgusting considering we had only just paid £30 entry fee. I reluctantly let him have a go as I knew he would love it, which he did.

Then on to the diggers, which were great:) There was a row of 4 or 5 large JCB diggers and after a short queue I jumped into one with my lad on my lap, and began scooping about in the mud:D Then onto some other rides and more diggers..

We then arrived at the dodgems/bumper cars and again my lad sprinted over to them and sat in a car. But again a £1 coin was required:(

This annoyed me as I expected all rides to be free considering we had paid £30 entry. Needless to say, we didnt pay and I had to lift my by now upset lad out of the car.

The food wasnt cheap either, two sandwiches and two drinks for £6:o So I would advise taking a packed lunch

The expensive food and extra costs for some of the rides was quite disappointing and put the dampers on an otherwise enjoyable day. I would have expected all rides to be free at £30 entry fee!

I guess the diggers are expensive for the park to buy/rent but they could do themselves some favours and reduce the entry fee slightly and abolish the extra charges.

Rant over

i have just returned from diggerland and have to say i totally disagree with your post, there are two things in the entire place you have to pay for which are dodgems and the little battery cars, and even if you paid for them they are only a pound each which isnt exactly steep is it? bearing in mind the dodgems are about £3 at the fair,

also you dont have to go on them there are plenty of things to keep you amused that dont cost anything ie: about £2 million of diggers etc

i also found that the food place wasnt exactly steep ie: £1 for tea or coffee which is cheap for a place like this.

one of the best days we have had out and we shall be returning

also if anyone else is thinking of going there is a voucher here http://www.whattodowiththekids.co.uk/vouchers/2009/diggerland.htm

also if you book online you get an extra £2 per person off the price

I too thought it a little pricey (£60 two adults two kids). However, when we went, the usual entrance was closed and we went to the shop counter to pay as we couldn't see anywhere else.

Had a great morning (you can do it all in a morning) and went on almost everything, kids loved it !!!

I got chatting to other people and discovered most people that day had just walked in for free due to the fact that people "had" to find a way to pay rather than being forced to pay.

Also found out that those who did pay, had got bogof tickets on the internet. Wish I had done some research before hand :roll:

i have just returned from diggerland and have to say i totally disagree with your post, there are two things in the entire place you have to pay for which are dodgems and the little battery cars, and even if you paid for them they are only a pound each which isnt exactly steep is it? bearing in mind the dodgems are about £3 at the fair,

also you dont have to go on them there are plenty of things to keep you amused that dont cost anything ie: about £2 million of diggers etc

i also found that the food place wasnt exactly steep ie: £1 for tea or coffee which is cheap for a place like this.

also if anyone else is thinking of going there is a voucher here http://www.whattodowiththekids.co.uk/vouchers/2009/diggerland.htm

At £30 for two people, I would still expect those rides to be free.

Im fortunate enough tho be able to afford it, but I dont like the feeling that I am being ripped off by hidden charges. You cant exactly tell a 2 yr old to get off the batery cars once he is sat in it!

Thanks for the link to that voucher :D My son and 3 of his mates are going tomorrow so it's really come in handy!

At £30 for two people, I would still expect those rides to be free.

Im fortunate enough tho be able to afford it, but I dont like the feeling that I am being ripped off by hidden charges. You cant exactly tell a 2 yr old to get off the batery cars once he is sat in it!

well pay it then and stop being tight whats a pound??? rather than come on a forum and spout about it its just pure tightness

and there was nothing else for your little un to do? your having a laugh

you had free indoor play area with ball pools etc, free indoor bouncy castle

and about £2 million quids worth of machinery, you are just tight my friend simple

its like saying i paid to go and watch a pantomime at the lyceum and they even tried charging me for the programme and merchandise, what do you expect?

its like saying i paid to go and watch a pantomime at the lyceum and they even tried charging me for the programme and merchandise, what do you expect?

Tell me about it. I got tickets for the U2 concert the other week, and when I got there, the cheeky sods were charging for beer and T-shirts!

I thought sod this, and went home. In my limo!

Archived