Why do 15 year old girls dress up like prostitutes??

Originally posted by Voise

In no way do I want to belittle the seriousness of sexual or any other crimes, but I watched Balamory and cash in the attic this morning and there was no hint of violent crime on there...

Yeah but... that Josie Jump really oughtn't dress quite so provocatively. If I came across her (oo-err) in a dark alley, I might have a hard time stopping myself from "Jump"ing her.

(OK, perhaps it's just me who has a thing about women in yellow tracksuits).

I just think that teenagers in general need to be educated. I'm sixteen and have heard of many occasions where girls go out, get drunk and then woke up somewhere they didn't even know of.

Girls just need to be more aware of what they are doing... I hold no grudges... just a concern for young people like myself.

Originally posted by Kaidi

I'm sixteen and have heard of many occasions where girls go out, get drunk and then woke up somewhere they didn't even know of.

I once woke up very early and couldn't sleep, took the dog for a walk at about 4am, and found a girl, who couldn't have been over 17, asleep inside the "kissing gate" at Crookes Valley Park. She was completely out of it, I managed to wake her up (which was hard work in itself), offered to walk her home but she refused and just about managed to get herself on her feet, so reluctantly I left her to it.

Originally posted by Kaidi

I just think that teenagers in general need to be educated. I'm sixteen and have heard of many occasions where girls go out, get drunk and then woke up somewhere they didn't even know of.

Girls just need to be more aware of what they are doing... I hold no grudges... just a concern for young people like myself.

Sound advice even if it has nothing to do with what they wear.

However, I agreed that girls wearing next to nothing can pose a danger... it is very distracting when you are driving! :heyhey:

But why blame the girls or make it their responsibility? The flip side of that argument is that lechy old(er) men / women shouldn't take advantage of impressionable and sometimes vulnerable girls and boys.

And (safe) sex can be an enjoyable and positive experience and it is completely natural for teenagers to be interested in it.

Abuse and exploitation can happen in any relationship, sexual or not.

Originally posted by Voise

But why blame the girls or make it their responsibility? The flip side of that argument is that lechy old(er) men / women shouldn't take advantage of impressionable and sometimes vulnerable girls and boys.

Absolutely. There are a lot of implications to that argument, e.g. people in flashy cars are just asking to be carjacked. Ultimately it's the criminal who has done something wrong, not the victim.

Originally posted by DanSumption

Absolutely. There are a lot of implications to that argument, e.g. people in flashy cars are just asking to be carjacked. Ultimately it's the criminal who has done something wrong, not the victim.

Agreed, but if you didn't lock your car and left the keys in the ignition, people might say you were asking for it if it got stolen!

Archived