The Coop - new cafe on London Road

komal

I walked past this place today and thought I'd give it a try so I went in and its so lovely inside, theres books, gorgeous art and nice chairs and pillows and a window seat with a guitar and loads of stuff to read including the guardian, independant and now then magazine.

So I went up and looked at the menu which is ridiculously cheap I have no idea how they make any profit off this but anyway I orderered a pear juice which was a pound and was told that there won't be any hot food until 11 which was when the chef would get there and I said thats ok I'll wait.

After about twenty minutes the guy was like 'aww you look really hungry what ws it you were wanting' and I told him I liked the look of the veggie breakfast which included veggie sausages, halloumi, fried egg, mushroom, tomatoes and beans and toast all for 4 POUNDS but I couldn't eat that much so I picked off halluomi, egg and mushroom on toast instead and he said I could have that for 2.50 :o !! and then he started making it aswell which was sweet because he had his morning jobs to do but just did it and i also ordered a cup of tea too for 1 pound.

Then he brought it over and it had 3 slices of halloumi a perfectly cooked egg and some tasty mushrooms and 2 chunky brown buttered toasts, the tea came in a flintstones cup with a jug of tea and sugar lumps and a free bourbon biscuit!! It was all really delicious and combined with the atmosphere of the place it really is the nicest breakfast I have eaten in a long time its lovely in there and I can't wait to go back and when I went to pay he was like 'oh lets call it 4 pounds' but I just gave him a fiver and told him to keep the change because it was such a nice meal I really enjoyed it :love::D

Yep I ate here on Sunday it was fab, proper got me over my hangover!! I had two huge coffees and biscuits and a spanish omlette and salad for the bargain price of £5.20. Very friendly too and they had all the sunday papers to read.

It is on London Road opposite the junction with the bank and the green cafe that used to be Bohans.

Like your signature btw komal.

Archived