The Coop - new cafe on London Road

komal

Well, I am most disappointed! Me and OH had the day off today and thought we would try this new place. Grrrr.... it was CLOSED!!! Apparently they are going to a gig at the Cremorne ... which seemed a funny reason for it to be closed at lunchtime ... or maybe that was unrelated!

So, my tastebuds will have to wait til tomorrow ....

Went back the next day and I must say I LOVE this place. Easily the best cafe on London/Abbeydale Rd. That's if you want food. Food was lovely, great looking place all vintage and mismatched. Also, felt you could linger reading the papers. V friendly staff - marvellous!

My other favourite place is Bragazzi's but they don't do English (Veggie) breakfasts (OBVIOUSLY!) which is what I am always after at weekends.

Nice one Coop - hope all goes well for you!

• 1 month later...

a little bit further along is the rude shipyard cafe too - it's got loads of mis-matched furniture and millions of books and it's pretty quirky, relaxed and friendly - good for a few board games etc...

I love a good cafe! much better than the chains etc

• 4 months later...

Gone for good as far as I know. Heard from a friend that it was as a resoult of the land lord wanting more and more money for the rent of the cafe. I real shame as it was a great cafe and added something unique to the area. Just hope that in the future the land lord is a little more realistic about what he can charge for rent and someone can re-open it in a simular style.

Archived