Lockerbie bomber freed

Nice speech. You say it would be 'easier on everyone', but it's only you me and Harleyman involved in this discussion(and he's got bored with it).

You are not speaking on behalf of the general public, and I can assure you I feel no shame or loss of dignity. I do know what your teenage daughter must feel like though.

I'm done with this. This thread has gone far enough off topic. You were wrong, you steadfastly refuse to admit you were wrong, and if you insist upon making yourself look bad, I can't stop you.

You could imagine the feelings of the families of the victims of the Irish terrorist that have been funded by donations from the USA. And likewise of the families of victims of suspected terrorists that the USA refused to extradite.

The only couple of good things from this distasteful incident is that the terrorist doesn't have long for this world, and that Gadaffi has shown his true colours to the worlds diplomatic community. Whatever short term gain he will receive from this must surely cost him in the long term.

Yes I feel sorry for the victims of the IRA terrorists and victims of the other terrorists (the Ulster Loyalists) and the Britsh soldiers who died trying to keep the peace.

I went to an Irish fair here once years back and saw a stall set up by Noraid, a group from Boston who solicited funds for the IRA. I told my wife "We're out of here" and left in disgust.

Yes Sierra I am an American and also an Englishman. Born in one great country and now living in another great country.

I was born and brought up in Sheffield as was my father and his father. I still feel a strong attachment to the place of my birth. Sheffield expats have a place on this forum and a right to voice their opinions. Donkey seems to have a problem with this unfortunately

That's me, always trying to stop Sheffield expats having a voice on the Forum :hihi::hihi:

Your post should be accompanied with sad brass band music rising steadily in volume.

Yes I feel sorry for the victims of the Irish terrorists and victims of the other terrorists (the Ulster Loyalists) and the Britsh soldiers who died trying to keep the peace.

I went to an Irish fair here once years back and saw a stall set up by Noraid, a group from Boston who solicitrd funds for the IRA. I told my wife "We're out of here" and left in disgust.

Good for you, hopefully this will all blow over soon as it's not in any of our countries interests to become involved in a diplomatic wrangle.

I've just come back from two weeks in New York, and wow!

earlier on the news there was an interview with a father of one of the lockerbie victims.

He'd seen what the justice minister had said today, said it seemed honest and fair, and said he then agreed with him freeing the accused

what gets me tho the news are STILL referring to him as "the convicted bomber", personally i'd have said "conviced ALLEDGED bomber"?

While I am personally offended by his release, what I came here to post about was how many of the posters act as if their speculation were indeed fact. I'm not here to refute anyone's claims but do not post speculation and display it as fact. Speculation:

1) US and UK had oil interests..okay ..yeah..maybe its hard to say and its defintely not out of the question but does everything have to be a conspiracy between the UK and US

2)Libya will withold oil from UK if he wasn't released.. Seriously? I suppose it would make sense from a UK perspective, but not financially for Libya..so it is difficult to say it was all about oil, when it could be all about finances for Libya.

3)Scottish fear of Muslims..One man's release may or may not affect the over Muslim opinion of the West.

In any case all I'm asking is to take into perspective everyone's respective opinion before throwing around speculation as if it were true..When those are proven true I give you the right to tell me I told you so

Nice speech. You say it would be 'easier on everyone', but it's only you me and Harleyman involved in this discussion(and he's got bored with it).

You are not speaking on behalf of the general public, and I can assure you I feel no shame or loss of dignity. I do know what your teenage daughter must feel like though.

You really like throwing out the insults don't you. You have no place in society with this kind of abuse. I bet you don't act like this in a pub. That would take courage.

Archived