Lockerbie bomber freed

Having said all that, he was convicted in an independent court, so I cant find much sympathy for his early release. If he'd been acquitted on appeal fair enough, but he's been released before that eventuality.

That's whats so utterly strange about the whole affair. The man has been convicted of carrying out the worst terrorist atrocity in the UK - ever - and he has been released early on compassionate grounds? The whole affair does not add up.

I am looking forward to seeing Libyas reaction, and indeed the reaction from the families of the victims (especially the Americans, as they are more in the 'guilty, let him rot' camp) Like I said I will be amazed if this is over..

That's whats so utterly strange about the whole affair. The man has been convicted of carrying out the worst terrorist atrocity in the UK - ever - and he has been released early on compassionate grounds? The whole affair does not add up.

What he was convicted of is an irrelevance. He gets compassionate release because he is dying, not because of what crime he committed.

What he was convicted of is an irrelevance. He gets compassionate release because he is dying, not because of what crime he committed.

shame poor old myra hindley wasn't released to enjoy her last few years a free woman isn't it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Of course it is relevant. 270 people died that day. If the Scottish were so keen to see justice done they should have rushed his appeal through, and let any new evidence be heard.

i saw on the news this morning apparently theres been 30 applications for compassionate grounds in our prisons...and 23 have been freed.

the only problem i have with people demanding he be left "to rot" in jail is the fact that theres evidence he COULD actually be innocent

i saw on the news this morning apparently theres been 30 applications for compassionate grounds in our prisons...and 23 have been freed.

the only problem i have with people demanding he be left "to rot" in jail is the fact that theres evidence he COULD actually be innocent

Thats what is so interesting though. 270 dead, the Americans "outraged" and yet they release him. If they are so convinced of his guilt, they should have not released him, and adressed any points raised. If they think he could be innocent, they should bring any new evidence to light and do the job properly.

Evidence that he could be guilty should NOT be grounds for compassionate release. It should be grounds for a new trial, a pardon, whatever. But not compassionate grounds.

Like I said. There is a lot more to this than meets the eye

Archived