Lockerbie bomber freed

Like I think I said earlier in this thread, if it fosters good relations between us and a middle east country which uses terrorism we cannot fight, it can only be a good thing.

The only issue we need to deal with is this quack who gave him three months to live.

There is also the issue of whether he was in fact guilty. One of the conditions of his release was that he dropped his appeal against conviction which at the time was in course of preparation, and in some opinion could been successful.

The fact that his appeal had been allowed points to a belief that his conviction was unsafe....but I doubt somehow that the reasoning behind that will be made public: it could embarrass the US.

This murdering terrorist should never have been released ,and should have rotted in that Scottish jail till he died.

BP have found some Quack who said he only had a couple of months to live . I dare say that quack was richly rewarded by BP to give this medical assessment of the terrorist.

The whole thing stinks ,and im totally with President Obama on this .

Was he released in return for extending oil rights to BP in Libya?

There is a deal going on under which Libyan prisoners (I don't know the details of their crimes) will be released and sent home, and in return, Libya will open up its oil fields to BP.

Megrahi was not released under this deal; he was released on compassionate grounds by the Scottish Parliament. Now, given that it's impossible to prove that a secret discussion did not take place, many people are claiming this was secretly influenced by BP ... and the claim is irrefutable. There's no evidence that BP did have any input into his release, but there cannot ever be any evidence that they didn't. People will believe what they want to believe.

This murdering terrorist should never have been released ,and should have rotted in that Scottish jail till he died.

BP have found some Quack who said he only had a couple of months to live . I dare say that quack was richly rewarded by BP to give this medical assessment of the terrorist.

Doesn't the father of one of the Lockerbie victims believe that Libyan was innocent?

With respect to the moronic 'he-must-be-guilty-because-he's-muslim' brigade that infest SF, I'd expect a father of one of the Lockerbie victims to have investigated the facts of the Lockerbie case far more than the SF-based morons who believe everything that our 'free' media tell us.

And what's this about the CIA using that Lockerbie flight to carry their drugs around? They openly admitted it on a television documentary not so long ago. Has anybody mentioned any of these points in this thread yet?

Apologies if so, I can't be bothered to read through all 300+ posts

x x

There is a deal going on under which Libyan prisoners (I don't know the details of their crimes) will be released and sent home, and in return, Libya will open up its oil fields to BP.

Megrahi was not released under this deal; he was released on compassionate grounds by the Scottish Parliament. Now, given that it's impossible to prove that a secret discussion did not take place, many people are claiming this was secretly influenced by BP ... and the claim is irrefutable. There's no evidence that BP did have any input into his release, but there cannot ever be any evidence that they didn't. People will believe what they want to believe.

So why isn't Megrahi dead yet? Something smells rotten there. A Libyan official gave the reason for his sudden resurgent life expectation being due to being reunited with his family again.

Yeah right! And I'm the prince of Wales

So why isn't Megrahi dead yet? Something smells rotten there.

Ernest Saunders was freed from jail because he had developed Alzheimer's disease; within three months he'd become the only person in history to have made a recovery from it.

Or, you might choose to believe, he managed to con a doctor into signing a false certificate so that he could wangle his way out. It does look as though reports of Megrahi's imminent death were somewhat over-exaggerated - as Mark Twain might have put it - but that fact alone doesn't lead me to think that BP were involved.

Ernest Saunders was freed from jail because he had developed Alzheimer's disease; within three months he'd become the only person in history to have made a recovery from it.

Or, you might choose to believe, he managed to con a doctor into signing a false certificate so that he could wangle his way out. It does look as though reports of Megrahi's imminent death were somewhat over-exaggerated - as Mark Twain might have put it - but that fact alone doesn't lead me to think that BP were involved.

So why would any doctor who knows anything about medicine pass on the opinion that the man was to put it plainly at death's door

There should be a special commission set up to carry out an inquiry into the affair and the doctors involved called to tesify before that commission as well as BP officials under oath with the penalty for perjury set at several years in prison.

If nothing of this sort is done then the families of the vicitms have been given the biggest slap in the face of their lives

didnt you read the post above yours?

your always quick to follow the party line and assume the "guilty" are guilty no matter what

So why would any doctor who knows anything about medicine pass on the opinion that the man was to put it plainly at death's door

There should be a special commission set up to carry out an inquiry into the affair and the doctors involved called to tesify before that commission as well as BP officials under oath with the penalty for perjury set at several years in prison.

If nothing of this sort is done then the families of the vicitms have been given the biggest slap in the face of their lives

lets face it, medicine ISNT an exact science, some people can be wrongly diagnosed with months to live and live for years before dieing, some might live till they die naturally, and some might die before or without proper diagnosis............does it make the dr any crapper or dodgier?

Maybe he was; people recover. Also, as I pointed out with the Saunders case, people can lie about their symptoms.

Frankly, given what is now known about the impact of mental health on physical health, it might actually be true that the cancer has gone into remission because he's been freed from prison. If he is innocent, as he claims and several of the victims' families have always believed, that is even more likely as it would be a wrongful imprisonment from which he was freed.

Archived