Lockerbie bomber freed

and you know this as a fact because?

theres families of the dead who believe hes innocent, including people who were at the trial

I'm quoting from the CNN News channel this morning. I'm assuming being a news channel they know what they're talking about

And he was CHEERED when he got back :

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090820/tuk-libya-crowd-cheers-lockerbie-bomber-6323e80.html

makes you wonder if the guy who released him is now wondering if it was the right decision....

And it gets worse - "festive atmosphere"...WTF !!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090820/tuk-jubilant-crowd-greets-lockerbie-bomb-45dbed5.html

Par for the course isn't it !

The people responsible for Lockerbie have never been caught. It was vital to get someone for this and al Magrahi was the patsy they picked.

This decision to release on compassionate grounds is nothing to do with the alleged crime and does not take that into account.

The decision is correct under Scottish law.

How great is it to see the US state department fuming, totally powerless to stop this? I'm lovin 'it.

While the cheering of his return as a "hero" was sickening, I hope that the compassionate act of his release will go some way to mending the relationship we have with the Middle East and prevent another Lockerbie or similar terrorist attack.

We can send in guns, tanks, gunships and wave after wave of cannon fodder into these countries, but we can't beat an enemy who can wear normal everyday clothes, infiltrate our country and life and plant a bomb. Its just a shame that the years of fighting in Northern Ireland never taught our government that.

It doesn't sound like the White House are too chuffed with Scotland's decision to release him. So now we have international tension as a result - which is exactly what terrorists want.

Nice that Libya laid on a private jet for the man, he has been treated as a hero by his country!

I'm sure there must be more to it than just compassion, as suggested earlier in this thread. Is it a case of 'please don't bomb us Libya' and we'll release your fella?

2 weeks for every life lost, I'm Scottish and I'm sickened by this. Scotland should hold it's head in shame.

If I was a relative I'd be absolutely outraged that my loved one's life was worth no more than 2 weeks in prison for someone. He should have got a life sentence for every life lost.

The people responsible for Lockerbie have never been caught. It was vital to get someone for this and al Magrahi was the patsy they picked.

This decision to release on compassionate grounds is nothing to do with the alleged crime and does not take that into account.

The decision is correct under Scottish law.

How great is it to see the US state department fuming, totally powerless to stop this? I'm lovin 'it.

me too - fact is the US would not risk another appeal - the evidence that they rigged his trial is compelling - they were waiting for him to die in jail - well done brave little scotland.

Archived