Barrack lane sheffield

mick851

has anybody got any pic's of barrack lane, showing the houses that used to be there? plus im wanting any info about the road during the 2nd world war. my family used to live at 24 barrack lane, one story i was told, that one night during the blitz, the front of the road was on fire and round the back, the church was on fire ( st philip's church??? )

has anybody got any pic's of barrack lane, showing the houses that used to be there? plus im wanting any info about the road during the 2nd world war. my family used to live at 24 barrack lane, one story i was told, that one night during the blitz, the front of the road was on fire and round the back, the church was on fire ( st philip's church??? )

Whilst it won't help you directly as I can't find a reference to Barrack lane, the website giving the history of the Sheffield Fire Brigade has a large section on the Blitz http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/narfsheffield/

John

Archived