Tapas bars in Sheffield

hoobidood

I never liked Cubanas all that much. Yes it's a cool bar with good atmosphere, but the food just is not that good. It's just ok. I went to La Mancha a couple of years back for tapas and we has some offer (3 for £10 or something). It was vile. Really, really bad. Maybe we caught it on an off day, but it put me off forever!

Wig & Pen do nice tapas but they have a limited selection. As they are owned by the same people who own Platillos, I don't bother with tapas there - may as well go to Platillos.

Honestly - you won't beat Platillos!

Hi.

Are there any good Tapas bars in Sheffield as I will be coming to stay there soon?

Cheers

Hoobidood

hi there! we not exactly a tappas bar but we offer light bites that you can choose from and other stuff that makes it a lovly meal! if you look at the "All things bohemian" thread then you can see our most recent menu! hope we can help! byeee:D

Spinrocs was best for food - but not been in since it split into two restaurants. La Tasca is reasonable, and cheap if you get the print-off vouchers. Platillos is pretty good, but strangely limited menu. Cubanas is the best for atmosphere, although (whisper it) the food isn't quite as impressive as it might be.

I never liked Cubanas all that much. Yes it's a cool bar with good atmosphere, but the food just is not that good. It's just ok.

I have to agree... loved the atmosphere at Cubana but I didn't enjoy the food as much as La Tasca!

I hated La Mancha. La Cubana was ok, mainly because of the music, although the tortilla was cold :( . If there is something to avoid is cold tortilla in a bar.

However, I have to say that there are no tapas bars in Spain, it's an English concept, as tapas by definition and origin are free and not chosen by the customer. The correct wording should be "cazuelitas" or "raciones". If it's something very small, canapé size, it's called "pincho" in the North (or "pintxo" if you're in the Basque country).

You're welcome, and que aproveche!:D

Archived