Tapas bars in Sheffield

hoobidood

I hated La Mancha. La Cubana was ok, mainly because of the music, although the tortilla was cold :( . If there is something to avoid is cold tortilla in a bar.

However, I have to say that there are no tapas bars in Spain, it's an English concept, as tapas by definition and origin are free and not chosen by the customer. The correct wording should be "cazuelitas" or "raciones". If it's something very small, canapé size, it's called "pincho" in the North (or "pintxo" if you're in the Basque country).

You're welcome, and que aproveche!:D

There are loads of tapas bars in Barcelona. Whether they were originally free or not (i understood that they were used to cover up the tops of drinks??), it is not an English thing. I think you'll find that we took the Big Breakfasts to Spain, nothing more!

Unfortunately we can not take credit for tapas.... and isn't the tortilla supposed to be cold...?????!!!!

Platillos is good and I would recommend it but not as a good tapas bar; I've not found good tapas in Sheffield yet. People speak highly of Cubana and it's the only one I haven't tried. La Tasca is awful ditto La Mancha...they'll fill you up with food but again not what I'd call good tapas bars and avoid Spinrocs unless it's improved 100%; I'd say Platillos is your best bet.

I love the food at Spinrocs, Crookes.

I've eaten at La Tasca twice. I'm not a food snob, but it's dreadful. It's not authentic, it (prob due to it being a chain) tastes frozen/warmed up and greasy, and there's not much of an atmosphere.

Last couple of times i've been to la tasca on ecc rd both myself and people i went there with ended up ill!!!! eeek

La mancha is nice food but the restaurant itself is a bit poop and we had to wait aaaaaaaaaaaaaages for everything and its very frustrating after a while.

Platillo's is def very nice but a little bit procey for what it is to be honest.

Cubana's on trippet lane is yummy. Its got a really good atmosphere and lovely food. Totally unpretentious and lively and never had a bad meal or night out there. Oh they also do fab cocktails!!!!!!

Don't use La Tasca at Meadowhall, went for a party and had the party menu and it was salty. Had some vouchers and went a second time with my husband and the food was cold and the wine was warm but have been to the one in Leeds twice and that is really nice.

Don't All Bar One do a few tapas things?

Archived