Tapas bars in Sheffield

hoobidood

I hated La Mancha. La Cubana was ok, mainly because of the music, although the tortilla was cold :( . If there is something to avoid is cold tortilla in a bar.

However, I have to say that there are no tapas bars in Spain, it's an English concept, as tapas by definition and origin are free and not chosen by the customer. The correct wording should be "cazuelitas" or "raciones". If it's something very small, canapé size, it's called "pincho" in the North (or "pintxo" if you're in the Basque country).

You're welcome, and que aproveche!:D

There are loads of tapas bars in spain and still free.

Raciones are a portion bigger than tapas and more of a meal.

I was in Turre just next to Mojacar not long ago and every bar serves a choice of free tapas with every drink.

EG, I had four bottles of mahou and four tapas for 6 euro, the bottles are 1.5 euro each.

Spain is a lot bigger country than the costas which have been destroyed by the tourists demand for bacon and egg and fish and chips.

I never liked Cubanas all that much. Yes it's a cool bar with good atmosphere, but the food just is not that good. It's just ok. I went to La Mancha a couple of years back for tapas and we has some offer (3 for £10 or something). It was vile. Really, really bad. Maybe we caught it on an off day, but it put me off forever!

Wig & Pen do nice tapas but they have a limited selection. As they are owned by the same people who own Platillos, I don't bother with tapas there - may as well go to Platillos.

Honestly - you won't beat Platillos!

Oooh, how wrong you are! Platillos have a very unispiring menu for tapas, very dull... Cubana is far from a cool bar, but it doesn't matter since the food is exceptional, with a broad range of hot and cold tapas to suit all tastes...

I know we all have differing opinions, but I can't imagine how Cubana is 'cool' or how Platillos can't be beaten! Ha!:hihi:

I hated La Mancha. La Cubana was ok, mainly because of the music, although the tortilla was cold :( . If there is something to avoid is cold tortilla in a bar.

However, I have to say that there are no tapas bars in Spain, it's an English concept, as tapas by definition and origin are free and not chosen by the customer. The correct wording should be "cazuelitas" or "raciones". If it's something very small, canapé size, it's called "pincho" in the North (or "pintxo" if you're in the Basque country).

You're welcome, and que aproveche!:D

You're wrong to think we invented tapas - tapas in Spain is free though!!! You get a selection of small eats with every drink in Spain - Off again tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to cheese & chorizo!

Correction: I am Spanish, and tapas was invented there, as far as I know, somewhere in Castilla la Mancha, very, veeery far from Barcelona. I only said tapas as something you have to pay is an English invention. The original tapas are free.

Apart from Barcelona (where you have to pay to breathe), can you tell me anywhere else in Spain where they have a proper Spanish bar (not for tourists) and they have a tapas menu as they have in here?

oh, and the only acceptable time to eat cold tortilla (tortilla de patatas, of course) is in a picnic. Otherwise you can ask the barman to reheat it, unless it's one of the modern ones with mayonnaise stuffing. In fact, in my town they tend to ask you if you want it reheated

Correction: I am Spanish, and tapas was invented there, as far as I know, somewhere in Castilla la Mancha, very, veeery far from Barcelona. I only said tapas as something you have to pay is an English invention. The original tapas are free.

Apart from Barcelona (where you have to pay to breathe), can you tell me anywhere else in Spain where they have a proper Spanish bar (not for tourists) and they have a tapas menu as they have in here?

Having spent a great deal of my life in spain I agree there are no spanish tapas bars in the uk to my knowledge. They are bars that sell mainly raciones of various foods.

oh, and the only acceptable time to eat cold tortilla (tortilla de patatas, of course) is in a picnic. Otherwise you can ask the barman to reheat it, unless it's one of the modern ones with mayonnaise stuffing. In fact, in my town they tend to ask you if you want it reheated

Where is your town?

Archived