Any Sheffielders residing in Portsmouth?

My Aunt was from Sheffield n she met my Uncle whilst on a family holiday to the isle of wight. She got married and moved to fareham in Gosport which is just across the water from Portsmouth, and had a family, n she's been down there for over 45 years. We enjoy visiting and they enjoy coming back up Sheffield. There's lots more to do down there and the weather is usually nicer.

Would I go back to Sheffield ???? I go back a couple of times a year to see friends and family .......but I don't think I'd want to live there.....no offence to the people of sheffield I think they are some of the friendliest people around but ......the weather,the seaside the new forest,ferryport, not far from london,the airports,france Portsmouth wins hands down (the people sometimes let it down ) . sorry sheffield ! I don't think sheffield misses me !!

Yeah I think Sheffield people are friendlier to be honest,my partner is from Pompey and she loved Sheffield when she stayed and liked the people,accent etc. I do love being near the sea,have'nt been to Isle of Wight yet but have been to New Forest.I like it but I have to say its not a patch on the Peak District,maybe I am biased.I think its safe to say we always miss the best the best bits of our home town.The weather is abit better here,agreed.Especially for me as I had lived in Edinburgh and Inverness previous.

I moved to Pompey about 7 months ago after moving about abit.Originally from Sheffield.Just wondered about your thoughts on the Pompey?

Driving down to Portsmouth in two weeks on my way to the Isle of Wight where my son now lives. Not bothered about the drive to Pompey but I am about finding the ferry terminal when I get there.Any tips or shall I invest in a "sat nav".

Archived