Shops on the gallery in pond street

i havent been to pond street for years, and yesterday me and the wife were trying to remember what the names of the few shop were on the gallery on your right as you walked down to the bus station.

we can remember Presto, but cant remember the name of the chippy or the cafe,there may have been a butchers shop to i think.

i havent been to pond street for years, and yesterday me and the wife were trying to remember what the names of the few shop were on the gallery on your right as you walked down to the bus station.

we can remember Presto, but cant remember the name of the chippy or the cafe,there may have been a butchers shop to i think.

the cafe was called the minerva

there was a amusment arcade a diy shop and one of those scoop shops and if im not mistaken a newsagent next to the presto supermarket

..from the left -Quicksilver Amusements , Castle Bakery , Scoop , Minerva Cafe , fabric and curtain shop ,chip shop , butchers , Fads Decorating shop ........hope this may help !

If by the 'gallery' you mean the walkway beneath the Odeon/'Roxy', there was a chippy, a hairdresser, and a large charity shop; I noticed a few months back after they had been vacated, the whole part of the building where these shops were located seems to have been gutted of all the party walls/non structural fittings and it is now like an empty shell.

Hopefully if the Roxy/Odeon premises has a long term future, it would be nice to see if some more shops or other use can be found for the vacant space created.

If by the 'gallery' you mean the walkway beneath the Odeon/'Roxy', there was a chippy, a hairdresser, and a large charity shop; I noticed a few months back after they had been vacated, the whole part of the building where these shops were located seems to have been gutted of all the party walls/non structural fittings and it is now like an empty shell.

Hopefully if the Roxy/Odeon premises has a long term future, it would be nice to see if some more shops or other use can be found for the vacant space created.

...i think you will find that the shops were demolished to make the car parking area larger for said Carling Academy! (after numerous petitions /objections) :loopy:

Archived