Nether Edge Shooting (Sat 22nd Aug 09)

Christ, I used to live on that road....many years ago that is.

What was the road like and what is Nether Edge like in general? I heard that the parts that border Sharrow are quite rough but the further towards Hunters Bar you get, the nicer Nether Edge gets - is that right?

What was the road like and what is Nether Edge like in general? I heard that the parts that border Sharrow are quite rough but the further towards Hunters Bar you get, the nicer Nether Edge gets - is that right?

Hunter's Bar is Sharrow, Nether Edge is more top of Sheldon road up to Brincliffe/Banner Cross and around the Cherry Tree hill area.

Hunter's Bar is Sharrow, Nether Edge is more top of Sheldon road up to Brincliffe/Banner Cross and around the Cherry Tree hill area.

Hunter's bar is Sharrow??? Sharrow is where Waitrose is, Hunters Bar is the roundabout near Endcliffe park - Either end of Eccy rd so the two are not the same, no...

The edge starts on Wolstenholme Rd, and ends at Brincliffe...

According to the BBC there was a shooting in Nether Edge last night http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8216712.stm. One man was shot in the arm but the injuries are not said to be life-threatening.

There were police cars racing up and down Abbeydale Rd near Empire Rd yesterday at about 6 ish??? I didn't hear any gun shots though, just loads of police activity!

When I lived there (nearly 19 years ago now) it was mainly asian families and students..

It was ok, get the odd bit of noise from the students at weekends, but it wasnt bad..

Cant comment on it now though.

Hunter's bar is Sharrow??? Sharrow is where Waitrose is, Hunters Bar is the roundabout near Endcliffe park - Either end of Eccy rd so the two are not the same, no...

The edge starts on Wolstenholme Rd, and ends at Brincliffe...

Yeah, I didn't think Hunters Bar could be classed as Sharrow either.

When I lived there (nearly 19 years ago now) it was mainly asian families and students..

It was ok, get the odd bit of noise from the students at weekends, but it wasnt bad..

Cant comment on it now though.

Yeah, 19 years is a long time so it could've changed a lot in that time. A shooting doesn't necessarily mean somewhere is 'rough' although a spate of shooting probably does.

Like i have always said every where has its good areas and bad areas - where my auntie and uncle used to live it as quite the streets were full of family homes - i think that was the side furthest away from town.

However ive noticed more and more crime happening in sheffield - has anyone else???

Archived