WHy are there no drag bars in Sheffield

Carborundum

Why are there no drag bars?

Because they suck

Because people don't want them

Because its a dated form of entertainment that was neither funny nor innovative at the time and now just looks tiresome and dull

Did I mention they suck?

Without doubt a man dressing as a woman is not in the least funny or entertaining. If you opened one it would close within weeks

Well .. Sheffield has some very alluring and sexy drag queens - some of them go round on bicycles and occassionally compete in talent contests too and are very arty and high brow ...

There's an oxymoron if ever there was one. They swan around in dresses and mime to old disco hits...

Oh so arty.

I love Drag Acts and saw a very good one - Ruby Lamoure a few weeks back at a ladies night in Garforth in Leeds at The Holiday Inn. I have also been to Funny Girls in Blackpool a few times and thought it was very good.

I don't know if a place purely for Drag Acts would do that well in Sheffield but if a place had an act every 3 months or so then I would go and watch.

carborundum is alluding to his alternative personality

What is this about an alternate personality - why cant I praise local home grown Sheffield talent ? Yes drag queens can be so good - I last saw Lilly Savage at the foot of the pier in Blackpool a few years back and she gave a good performance ... why cant Sheffield have its own drag bar - dont call it "Funny Girls" more like "By eck thou's funny" - I have heard there are a few ex-miners and steeel workers who want to get together to put on a drag show ... it would be good ....

What is this about an alternate personality - why cant I praise local home grown Sheffield talent ? Yes drag queens can be so good - I last saw Lilly Savage at the foot of the pier in Blackpool a few years back and she gave a good performance ... why cant Sheffield have its own drag bar - dont call it "Funny Girls" more like "By eck thou's funny" - I have heard there are a few ex-miners and steeel workers who want to get together to put on a drag show ... it would be good ....

Well, I say again: what's so great about donning a frock and miming?

Lily Savage was a brilliant comedienne and had a savage wit - they're in different leagues!

Archived