Social group for non drinkers

denisedenise

not for all but for some its imperitive that they are subjected to places where alcohol is served and commonplace without being able to drink any
I've never understood this concept. Given that moderate drinking is perfectly okay, why cannot an alcoholic reduce to moderate drinking and be happy with that? Why go all the way with this "I must resist temptation" philosophy. Surely, all you need to do is keep a sense of proportion!

I've never understood this concept. Given that moderate drinking is perfectly okay, why cannot an alcoholic reduce to moderate drinking and be happy with that? Why go all the way with this "I must resist temptation" philosophy. Surely, all you need to do is keep a sense of proportion!

You clearly have very little understanding of alcoholism.

You clearly have very little understanding of alcoholism.
Really? How do you know - you patronising Paralichthys olivaceus! I know two ex-alcoholics who simply took a brief break many years ago, got their lives in order and have been enjoying moderate social drinking ever since. It's all down to whether you believe in superstitious nonsense like "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic"! It might be so for some individuals, but it's plain daft to apply the same pooh to everyone!:hihi:

You clearly have NO understanding of alcoholism :|

You clearly have NO understanding of alcoholism :|

yawn, apart from being ridiculously patronising and condescending, somebody already posted near enough the exact same thing.

for some people it is possible, for some people it is not. saying that it is impossible for everyone just highlights your naivity and stupidity.

Archived