Niche is coming back to sheffield !! Brapp brapp!!

jr@clubvibe

I would argue that comment, whilst you are true the early house scene did spread from venues such as the Warehouse but the label of House is a generic "umbrella" now used, i wouldnt go up to a dj and ask for house particularly for that reason, would I mean, funky, deep, US Techno (as in the Detroit sound), current, 122, acid (ahh acid house, happy memories of Bam Bam)

Whereas "Niche" is a venue that played a style of music and didnt originate it. I pointed out i wouldn't go up to a dj and ask for "Shoom" because i bet 99% of dj's wouldnt have a clue what Shoom was. To take your comment, If i went and asked for "Warehouse tunes" then what would they play? I doubt Mr Fingers or Marshall Jefferson would be coming out of the speakers.

Even going back to the days of Disco and Studio 54, people ask for disco, not Studio 54 music.

If i came up to a DJ in say York and asked for "Vibe" then what would i get, bearing in mind most of the Niche dj's play there and the music genre played is very similar i would probably get a blank look. But if i asked for Bassline or even 4x4 or speed garage then the chances are i would get a good response. Its the music not the club

My original point was that people (particularly round here) seemed to have taken on the "niche" name because they think its cool when in fact they dont know what it stands for (see my post about the girl asking me to "get some niche tunes on this is crap" while i was playing Jay and Jane!).

Again i reiterate my point of wishing the promoters well with this new project as long as you get the wannabe's out of my venue and let me get back to playing warehouse, amnesia and bora bora :)

Excellent choice sir/madam, certainly need more nights like this in Sheffield.

nothing good whatever can come from a club like that opening again and i bet within a month of it being open there will be some type of stabbing or gang attack !

the problem is as always the owner's/runner's of the club and if it's the same people as last time then the club will be exactly the same and have exactly the same problem's !

but at least it will get all idiot's out of decent bars in town :hihi:

I had an interesting evening in the original Niche once when I went there after a few bevvies and dutch courage. My experience of it was predominantly afro-carribean/people of colour, a lot of people were obviously high on drugs, I spotted no guns, people were "chillin" outside in the back yard and you seemed to be ok if you did not make eye contact with anyone or dance with any mobsters girlfriends .... not sure we should be bringing this sort of club back to Sheffield really, but isnt this what Club Banus has become now anyway? A long way from Josephines !

Vibe is basically Niche.

What the hell is everyones problem the people from Vibe are gonna be the same people who go Niche it's not gonna make any difference.

Agreed, although IMO Vibe isn't as much like old Niche (times and music change, obv. alcohol served all night, people, dress etc), but new Niche WILL be Vibe renamed, I don't get it!

Archived