Niche is coming back to sheffield !! Brapp brapp!!

jr@clubvibe

good god people. off the top of my head i can think of the dove and rainbow, casbah, ice bar, westways, embrace, forum, wig and pen, the shakespear, xsess, harley, static, donkeymans, etc that i go to at least once every three or so months depending on how i feel. i recognise that different people like different things so am glad when i feel one way i can go to a place that works for that mood. now if all of a sudden the powers that be decided casbah was too 'scummy' to stay open i'd be stuck for a place to go when in my rock out mood. if those people then went to westways the whole thing would just not be the same. we have, as a city, a good balance of everything, in a relatively small space which i think makes for a pretty vibrant place. no one group should say that group's whatever so all their places need burning or shutting. what if 'they', 'the others', decided that you were up your own behinds and needed your place shut? or their places shut and they all started coming to 'your' places? more fundamental is, how many of the people who have expressed such strong views about niche and the scum in it, ever actually set foot in it? i never did. still, if the police say the place can open, let it be. if you don't want to go to it. don't.

best post i've read on here. i doubt many will agree as its good fun to slag off "chavs" on here (very 2005).

niche will only be niche again if its at the same venue as before,,,, damn i miss da place

all u haterz ....y feel da need 2 comment if u hate da place so much ????

yep, i'd love to have visited niche but it was closed down before i arrived in sheffield :mad:

not really my type of music but i would have given it a go for sure.

I went to the old Niche 4 or 5 times. I didn't particularly like the music, but didn't see any trouble and it was generally a good atmosphere.

All bars and clubs have incidents with violence, drugs, disorderly behaviour and the like; Niche/Vibe is not the exception here.

All those slagging off the place, have any of you actually been, do you know anyone who goes regularly, or are you basing your opinions solely on what you've read in The Star and on this forum?

I went to the old Niche 4 or 5 times. I didn't particularly like the music, but didn't see any trouble and it was generally a good atmosphere.

All bars and clubs have incidents with violence, drugs, disorderly behaviour and the like; Niche/Vibe is not the exception here.

All those slagging off the place, have any of you actually been, do you know anyone who goes regularly, or are you basing your opinions solely on what you've read in The Star and on this forum?

Went once and genuinely feared for my safety. The music was awful, the clientèle resembled the pits of society and the building was a complete dump.

Only 3 times - the second time was to see if the impression I got on my first visit were wrong - as we know, first impressions can be wrong.

The third time was to see if it had changed...it hadnt.

I have never been because its not my 'thing' really.....so I cannot pass an opinion on the, without a doubt, 'legendary' venue that has had a lot of media attention over the years.

There is a saying that all publicity is good publicity, and that no publicity is bad publicity, but I guess it depends on how you inteprete this. Without a doubt, this is a name that will be etched on the popular consciousness of Sheffield (and beyond) for many years to come......it is a promoters dream come true, however you view it.......

Archived