Chinese Buffets & Vegetarians

haddockman

I know there's various Chinese buffets in Sheffield, but, are they any good for vegetarians?

We're meant to be going to one on Sunday (No1) and the OH is veggie, so we're a little bit worried they won't have much suitable.

Anyone any idea what they're like for veggies?

Which one do you think is the best one for veggies?

As long as there's a reasonable choice/not meat dropped in all the veggie dishes it'll be fine.

If buffets aren't to good, we might try one on London Road and get a meal instead of a buffet.

Im not veggi but my girlfriend is and she wont eat chinese because she once found meat in a Veggi dimsum. I think you have to be careful with different cultures, a Chinese friend of mine told me in China you have to declare yourself as a HARD veggi or a SOFT veggi. apparently there are different rules for each.

ive been to the one at centertainment recently (flaming dragon) and there were quite a few veggie dishes.. more than last time I went!!

also they have a make on demand service.. if you want something particular they would probably make it for you.

Oh.. and Im a HARD veggie, and very fussy too..

ive been to the one at centertainment recently (flaming dragon) and there were quite a few veggie dishes.. more than last time I went!!

also they have a make on demand service.. if you want something particular they would probably make it for you.

Oh.. and Im a HARD veggie, and very fussy too..

A friend and I went to dragon a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed it very much.

The staff member was even kind enough to ask about what meats I ate (I don't actually eat meat) on seeing my Hijaab, realising that I may have different dietary rules to non-Muslims, and offered to show me which dishes were "safe".

Hey Plain Talker.. how very nice of them to think of you :-) I too find the staff very pleasant and helpful.

Hope you are surviving Ramadan ok! One of the Muslim guys in our office has offered £20 to charity for any non Muslim to keep Ramadan with him for a day. Two of our team have agreed and I think thats great!

Anna

Hey Plain Talker.. how very nice of them to think of you :-) I too find the staff very pleasant and helpful.

Hope you are surviving Ramadan ok! One of the Muslim guys in our office has offered £20 to charity for any non Muslim to keep Ramadan with him for a day. Two of our team have agreed and I think thats great!

Anna

yes, I found it lovely that they took the trouble.

I'm not allowed to fast, sadly, for Ramadan, as I am an insulin dependent diabetic :( but I have gone to a friends for Iftar (fast breaking) I pay the alms to charity instead for the fasting-days I miss.

Your workmate's idea of giving some money to charity for a colleague to keep the fast with you is a lovely idea. and even lovelier that your two colleagues have joined in with the spirit of it. I hope they all get good reward for what they are doing.

Archived