Can anybody tell what was there before Netto in Woodseats

• 1 month later...
The firm was called Hattersley & Davidson, they made blades for skates ,there was also 8 cottages facing chesterfield road, lived there most of my childhood

hiya i think you'r right, they did make ice skates my father in laws brother worked there all his working life joe millward was his name he worked there for 50 odd years.

as someone said it was hattersley and davidson also robert sorby tool makers who are now at the bottom of woodseats rd hattersley dropped the davidison and moved to windsor off princess st down the cliffe yes the did make ice skates and were world famous for them lol it was an old wooden rabbit warren and caught fire, when it was empty death trap .

• 2 years later...

Hattersley And Davidson had a factory there, they moved there from the city centre, I worked there in the 60's, it was handy for home but I got fed up of smelling of soluble oil and left.

Went to TC Harrison, London Road.

Archived